THE BISHOP

Emily was feeding her children when Reita stepped in.
As usual, Emily dismissed her kids. Reita took a seat at the poor quality dinning table.

"did you have the place scouted? " Emily asked hurriedly
" a handful if men are on patrol and the sisters report they heard sword clangs
"they are alert" Emily reasoned
"we postpone the attack"
"but they killed sister Abigail " Reita cut in
"it's too dangerous, we will have them in due time "

Ferdil had Gob and Rutherford hold Dalian down as he forced some foul looking potion down her throat.
He was covering Dalian with sap when Gob got curious.

"the women who attacked us, do you know anything about them?"
Ferdil nodded emphatically 
"women who eat flesh, whats that name for them? "
"flesh eaters" someone offered.
He considered it a while
"no"
"man huntress "another offered
"no"
"Cannibals" Sefth stated, realization hitting him.
"cannibals!!!!!!! " Ferdil jumped in glee
"they are cannibals"
The company was dumbstruck
" all that remains is for the human vegetable to rest,  see you all in the morning"
With that, Ferdil disappeared behind a door leaving the company to set up sleeping kits.

Dalian woke early, Gob was first to run to her side. She felt guilty, she had rejected his love but he was always by her side.
The company was glad she was fine. Most especially grateful was Sefth he wasn't sure how he would explain to the high commander  how his daughter died under his watch.

Just then Ferdil burst in through the door.  The first person his eyes collided with was Dalian
"I knew you weren't dead" he exclaimed in excitement
Dalian looked at him, her eyes glinting familiarity. Gob noticed it,  so did Sefth but neither breathed a word.

"am hungry " Dalian declared
"I'll get you some food" Ferdil offered. Gob was puzzled.  He had only known Ferdil a day but he definitely didn't seem to be the caring type.  It made Gob wonder what their relationship was.