5- Panic (*)(/)

Here's some more!!! Thanks for reading, and remember to vote/comment! Thanks!! :-)

Chapter Five

~Nobody's POV~

Thor knows as soon as the door opens whom it is.

"Now, brother?" he asks, troubled.

"It must be now," says Loki. "Or she will be put in even higher jeopardy. Looking at her sister made me realize just how little time we have."

"And where is the elder one? Her sister?"

"I've told her to go to sleep," replies Loki calmly. "She should be in her room."

Thor looks down. "I do not trust that when she wakes up, she shall not hear."

"Oh, yes, I rather doubt that as well," says Loki in a humorous tone.

Thor looks up at the ceiling. "Very well. I'll call Stark. He should be able to take care of her."

"Perhaps Natasha as well. Both seem to have rather pugnacious spirits."

"Which is why I do not think this is an excellent idea, brother."

Loki is still for a moment, and then nods.

~Older Girl's POV~

When I open my eyes, I realize that my head is throbbing, and every time I blink, it pains my eye lids. I sit up slowly, then suddenly, as I realize I have no idea where I am.

Then I realize it: I'm in Tony's office. He is sitting in a chair next to a desk, staring at a computer screen and occasionally typing on it. There is no light save for the dim glow of the computer screen, and the thin strip underneath the tightly shut door.

Tony looks up. "Oh, hey, look who's awake." I'm a bit taken aback by his tone; it's a little...nervous?

"What time is it?" I ask groggily.

Tony pulls back his shirt sleeve and inspects the watch on his wrist. "Ten til midnight."

"I did not sleep all day." I say in shock.

"In fact, yes you did."

"Where's Leah?"

Tony hesitates for half a second before replying. "She's upstairs, sleeping. She's fine. Just fine."

"Then why am I not upstairs with her?" I demand.

Again, there is brief hesitation as Tony leans back in his chair and stretches. "The infirmary people felt like your room is too 'contaminated' or something like that. You're in here for the night."

"What about Leah? How come her room is not 'contaminated'," I say the last word in air quotes.

Tony taps the screen. "You know, you ask way too many questions, right?"

A dull, motorized voice sounds from the room. "Sound concealing doors now in effect, Tony."

My head snaps up.

"Shut up, Jarvis," mutters Tony.

"What's going on?" I ask, looking at the door. I am about ten times as close to it as Tony.

Tony rolls his eyes. "Nothing. Just securing every blasted door on this blasted ship. Now go to sleep or Natasha will have my head."

Panic is settling through my veins. I know exactly what is going on.

The second Tony's eyes have moved from me back to the computer, I spring off the mattress and lunge for the door. Tony's loud cries of "Lock the doors, Jarvis!" are too late; I wrench the knob open so hard, I'm almost surprised when it doesn't fall off.