11- They're Tracking Us

here's the new chapter!!! Thanks to my readers and commenters! :) 

Chapter Eleven

"So you took a swing on Loki did you?" Clint asks as he looks me over from across the room. My temporary living quarters have been moved to a higher floor of the ship. It's a small room, with a small cot and a dresser. There aren't any windows, as it is near the center. Leah's is next to mine.

I don't reply as I sit down on the bed so that it creaks. My head is still hurting, and that is such a stupid question, it is not really worth my time.

Then, Clint says, very softly, "He killed your brother?"

This question, I do answer. "Yes." I say, trying not to let my voice waver.

Clint is silent for a couple minutes. Then, he says, "You're a very good fighter, Thea."

I am so surprised that I am not about to be scolded that I am speechless for a couple seconds. Then, I say, "What?'

He shrugs. "You're a good fighter. You just need to learn to have better aim and more patience. And have more control."

I don't say anything.

"Natasha told me that we can teach you some things. I think we can. As soon as you're healed completely."

"I'm not sure I want to learn any more," I say, trying not to admit out loud that the furious drive that I had possessed during the fight earlier was bothering me. It was an unusual feeling-hot, desperate, and hungry. I don't know where it came from or how to control it.

He raises his eyebrows. "Not at all?"

"Well," I amend, "Maybe to kill Loki."

"You actually want him dead?" he asks. "I am aware that he killed your brother, but think about this. How would your brother feel if you wanted to kill Loki?"

"Seeing as he's not here anymore, I don't see why it matters."

"How would you feel if you killed Loki?"

This question is so surprising, I have to think for a few minutes. Then, I say, "You're a spy and a master assassin. Why would you ask me the value of killing someone who has killed thousands?"

"Because it's you that we are talking about." Says Clint. "And let's get this straight. I do not enjoy killing. Actually, I loathe it and don't do it, if it can be helped. But Thea, we are talking about taking someone's life. Not a normal person, but think about how you would feel if he died, and it was your fault."

"I would celebrate," I say, ignoring the doubt in the back of my mind.

Clint smiles. "Would you really?"

I'm silent. Then, I say, "How much longer until you and Natasha train me?"

He sighs. "Give yourself a week."

"Two days."

"Four."

"Done."

*

I walk down the hallway, much more calm, but trying to pick my path down to Stark's office carefully. I do not regret what I did, but I have no desire to run into Loki at the moment.

I get down to the office without a problem. Inside, Tony is fiddling with a screen, seemingly touching thin air until the computer changes scenes. As far as I can see, he is the only person in there.

The door is locked, but just as I am about to knock, I hear Tony's slightly muffled voice saying, "Unlock rear door." I hear the click of the lock, and the door opens.