44- Moonlight Shadows (*)

Thanks for all the reads and votes---- the support has been AMAZING! :) :) :) 

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Happy summer, or almost summer wherever you are! 

Love,

Sierra

~~~

Chapter Forty Four- Moonlight Shadows

~Nobody's POV~

When Thea wakes up, the sun is just beginning to rise. Nine more mornings until the blue moon. As soon as she tries to sit up, she groans in pain. Her eyes are hooded, with circles underneath them. Her powers have given her strength to heal quickly, but her limbs are shaking, and she is still bloodied. 

It's empty in the room. She's attached to the oxygen mask still, and several monitors, which vibrate loudly, and beep occasionally, but those are the only sounds. 

Thea tries to get rid of the oxygen mask, but it's sucked on tight; probably to prevent it getting off. She also tries to sit up, but the tubes to the IVs and monitors prevent that. All in all, she's trapped. If it weren't for Kyle coming in late last night, she would've thought she were back in the Imeldi camp. 

Even though she knows she's safe, Thea begins to panic. Yesterday's and last night's nightmare has pounded into her head that being connected to something is dangerous. She's still on medication too, which makes her slightly loopy. 

She begins to cry loudly as the pain settles in her head; the painkiller, no doubt, is wearing off. Although her cuts and burns are either healing or scarring already, her powers do not necessarily take away the pain. 

When the door opens, Thea stops crying immediately, although it's evident that she has been. It's Natasha. 

"Thea?" says Natasha, "You doing okay?"

Thea gives her a look that clearly says that no, she's not doing okay and wouldn't last night's torture have given Natasha a clue?

"I know," says Natasha quietly. "Stupid question, huh?"

Thea shrugs, feeling bad about the nasty look she had given her. "It's okay." Her voice is raspy.

"Do you want some water?"

"No thanks." says Thea even though her throat is screaming for water. 

Natasha smiles. "You were so brave yesterday, Thea. I'm really proud of you."

Thea shrugs. She hadn't felt very brave last night, when she was screaming and when she had wanted to be a coward and die. 

"Listen," Natasha walks over and kneels next to the bed. "I have something to tell you." She smiles again, a soft smile, "Actually a few things."

"What?" croaks Thea. Her throat is hurting. 

"First, have some water. I know you want some." Natasha takes off the oxygen mask, and hands Thea the water. Thea gulps it up appreciatively. 

"Jack's alive."

Thea chokes on the water, coughing hoarsely. "Wh-what?"

"Jack's alive." Natasha smiles. "He's going to be okay."

"But...but..." stammers Thea. "I saw-the knife-he fell-I saw."

"That man did knife Jack," says Natasha, as if this were everyday news. "But not in a vital place. Very, very painful. But he is alive, and he is healing."

Thea turns around and flops her face into the pillow. She mutters something that sounds a bit like, "Gosh dang it, Jack", but Natasha can't be sure.