49- You Did What You Had To Do (*)(/)(+)

Bad news: beach trip got cancelled

Good news: more time to write :) 

I hope you all have a great day! Enjoy the chapter! :) 

Chapter Forty-Nine

~Nobody's POV~

Bruce's calm, if troubled, radio report sends them into a chaos, except, of course, for Thor who had, in fact, been a part of this scheme for a long time. 

Meanwhile, Bruce says, "Jack's distraught. He's locked himself up. Kyle's not much happier, with a broken wrist to boot. We tried our hardest, but Thea was taken." 

Before Tony or Natasha can say anything, Thor says, "Thank you, Banner. I will contact you in a few minutes and will provide you with an explanation of what has transpired." He severs the radio connection. 

Everyone (except Clint, who is flying the plane but is still at rapt attention) stares at Thor. 

"I think we all want to know what's going on here," says Steve, crossing his arms. 

Thor nods, knowing it's time.

"Loki predicted the link between Thea and the Mantra," says Thor as he, Tony, Clint, Peter, Max, Steve and Natasha (plus the still-unconscious guard) fly over the western part of the Indian Ocean. "He also, I believe, predicted that we would need Thea's blood to enter the chamber where the Mantra is."

"So this was your grand plan?" demands Natasha. "To-"

Thor raises his hand, and Natasha falls silent. "Loki knew that he would be captured if the Imeldi broke into our camp. The Imeldi want him nearly as much as they want Thea, as he is mainly the reason that the Chiutari failed in New York. He created a double of himself to cheat death, if possible. He did not, however, know that Thea would be taken as well. Instead of 'dying' of natural causes in order to escape, he used his 'death' as a means of protecting Thea's life."

"Wait a second," says Tony, holding up his hand. "Loki is alive?"

Thor nods. "He stayed hidden in the forest until right before we left for Indonesia. When he heard from me that the Imeldi would be coming for Thea soon, he took Thea and knocked Jack unconscious so that he would not remember what had just happened. He used the body of the man who knifed Jack as a body-double for Thea, transfiguring him into her form."

Natasha nods, beginning to understand.

"He also took some of Thea's blood and left it on the counter so that we could somehow get it to get into the Mantra vault. Currently, I believe Loki and Thea are hiding in the rainforest, heading up the coast. Loki's plan is to get Thea to a place where Heimdall can summon them up through the Bifrost into Asgard."

There's silence. Then, Steve says, his arms still tightly crossed, "Okay, so we somehow get the blood, get back to that cave, and open the Mantra, right?"

"We need Thea, first." says Tony with a resigned expression. "Remember what Bruce said? The vial of blood smashed with the explosion. It's damn ironic, how the one time we didn't let Thea come along, that's the time we actually need her."

"That's where the Bifrost will come in," says Thor. "Heimdall will summon Thea and Loki to Asgard, and then beam them down at a certain location."

"That certain location being..." says Steve.

"The coast of the Dead Sea," says Thor. "I believe that's where Barton is flying right now."

Natasha stares. "He knew?"