42- Endless Night (*)

Hope you like it! This one's a bit longer to make up for all the shorties. 

Love you! :) 

Sierra

Chapter Forty-One

~Thea's POV~

It's hot down here; I find myself sweating and gasping for breath as I feel like I am being contained in a hot sauna. Beside me, Loki is doing even worse, coughing and breathing heavily. At least my powers don't diminish during the heat.

Once, a guard prowled down the hallway, the same black-haired man who captured me. I winced as he peered into my cell greedily, his white teeth glittering. There was a key dangling from his neck. I eyed it greedily. 

"Thea...no..." hissed Loki.

But of course, I was too stupid to listen. 

Summoning all the fury and anger inside of me, I lunged at him, clawing through the bars, desperate to get the key. He shouted and then before I could stop him, he slammed something sharp into my arm. 

I cried out as I felt a burning sensation as some chemical flooded through my veins. The liquid hissed when it hit my skin and I fell back onto the hard ground. 

While I had tried to regain my consciousness without losing it from the pain of the mysterious liquid, the man had entered the cell with something I dreaded- chains.

With the liquid submitting me to a limp body, the man had chained me up in five minutes. I now could not move; my wrists were shackled to the wall, as was my neck. If I tried to sit down, I find myself getting choked, as my legs can't quite sit. I was left in a tortuous half-sitting position...

Now, I try to shut my eyes and sleep, but the vision of Jack falling down to the ground with a knife in him keeps haunting me. Instead, I fall into a fitful restlessness, drifting in and out of consciousness. But if I go completely out, I am choked awake by the iron around my neck. 

Desperate and crying, I do something I never thought I would do. "...Loki...help me..." I beg, clawing at mid-air, desperate for anything to free me. The heat is intensifying and I can scarcely breathe. 

"This is what you get for not listening to me." he scolds, but underneath his scorn is something I barely recognize as worry. 

"Ple-a-a-se," I sob. 

He sighs, but I hear him standing up. I can't move my head completely, but I turn it enough to see him looking at me through the bars. "Stop crying, Thea. Stop."

"I...can't..." My arm is shaking from the liquid still, full of pain. "What...was that?"

"Vervain. Human idiots attribute it to their lore of vampires, but people really used it to hold back creatures such as yourself. It mixes with your blood, which now is not quite completely human and over-stimulates it, causing the pain. Then, the over-stimulation crashes, and you feel weak like you do now."

My breathing is shuttered. "Get...get me out..."

"Do you think I can do anything about this?" demands Loki.

This harsh tone makes me feel even worse. 

"This is your fault," I cry, "If you had brought me with you to help like you promised me and Jack instead of chaining us both up, then I wouldn't be like this stuck with you and Jack wouldn't be dead."

"And if you hadn't proved yourself the idiot you are, then I might have let you come along."

"I'm not an idiot!" I gasp through my tears and through my racked breathing. "Now...let...me go, Loki, please, I'm begging of-"