32- Inferno (*)

Finally a new chapter! Sorry for the wait and thanks for reading! :) 

Chapter Thirty Two: Inferno

~Thea's POV~

I can't breathe. I can't move. This was not going according to plan.

"Where did you think you were going, Thea?" asks Kyle, enunciating each word through hissed teeth, "Out to save the day? What were you going to do, walk to Caracas?"

"Leave me alone," I whisper.

He laughs shortly. "I don't think so. You're coming with me." I try to resist, but he drags me up the stairs and towards the attic. "Look at that, you get to go to your happy place."

Upstairs, Max is at the same computer I had hacked into earlier; Lucy, the traitor, is lounging at his feet. Without looking back, Max says, "Found her?"

"Well, you bet I did." Kyle pushes me into a chair. "What do we do with her now?"

"Where's Leah?" I ask stubbornly.

Max turns around, holding his hands up defensively. "One question at a time." He looks at Kyle. "We're not going to do anything to her, we're going to just keep our eyes on her." He looks at me. "And I don't know. That's not my job."

"Let me call Tony," I beg. "I just want to find out-"

"Absolutely not." Says Max firmly. "Right now, they're on they're trying to rescue them. Would you like to be the person who ruins that for them by ringing them up?"

I'm silent.

"That's what I thought. Now seeing as you just lost your freedom, you get to stay where we can see you." His voice stings me. "Where we know you won't try to sneak out and kill yourself."

I cross my arms and slouch against the chair as Max turns back to the computer. "What are you doing?"

"I'm not answering that." he replies, typing what looks to be a string of code into an illuminated green screen. I squint, trying to see what he's doing, and turns out, I can make out that he seems to be hacking into security cameras of some sort.

I'm trying to make out the grainy images when my chair spins around and I am now face-to-face with Kyle. "Oh, no you don't, young lady. You and I are going downstairs and practicing with a pistol."

Like yesterday, my arms crawl at the thought of using a gun. "But I don't want-"

"I know." He says. "That's why we're doing it."

"You can't make me." I say as he pulls me down the stairs, even though I'm pretty sure Kyle can make me do whatever I want.

"I can, and you know it." As we pass through the kitchen, Kyle lets go of my arm and opens the refrigerator. "So we are going out there whether you like it or n-"

The phone begins ringing shrilly. I leap forward and grab the portable phone off its holder before Kyle can reach me. "Hello?" I dodge Kyle's attempt to knock the phone out my hand.

"Thea?"

"Jack?"

"Yeah, so I have to talk really quickly, cause I'm not supposed to be talking at all. But Leah and Jane are captured by the Imeldi, most everyone except Natasha went to rescue them, and Loki told me to tell you, assuming I managed to hack onto the phone, which he said I probably could, that he promised he would get Leah back."

He says it in such a rush combined with the fact that I'm still trying to fend off Kyle, that it takes a few seconds for his words to process.

"Oh, yeah, I knew the first part already," I manage. Kyle finally gives up and leans against the cabinet, glaring at me. "When will they come back?"

Blue Moon| Book 1 | An Avengers fan fiction series| *under editing*On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara