34- Spy-der Makes Her Move (/)(+)

Hello, all!! 

Here's another chapter! Thanks for all the support, and remember to check out the trailer!!!!

Thanks! 

Chapter Thirty Four

~Nobody's POV~

Leah wakes up crying. Jane, by her bedside, clutches her hand. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

The girl sniffs. "I had a bad dream."

"What was it about?" asks Jane gently, giving Leah a glass of water to try to calm her down. She also inspects the burns on Leah's cheeks, which are slightly peppered like spots.

"The monster. He was bleeding. But he was bleeding blue."

Jane winces. Imeldi have blue blood that is intertwined with disgusting white streaks. Unpleasant to the eye, but easy to track. 

"What was he doing?" Jane asks, knowing that if Leah is dreaming about the present, she may have the same troubles as Thea.

Leah trembles. "He killed Daddy again."

Jane, although relieved that Leah is just reliving her nightmares, manages to contain her sigh of relief so as not to confuse the girl. "Okay. Do you want to watch some television?"

Leah shakes her head. "I just wanna go to sleep," she says in a small voice.

Jane squeezes her eyes shut, but takes a deep breath so Leah doesn't see how worried she is. "All right. Sleep well." She kisses Leah's forehead and gets up to leave the room. 

As she does so, she turns around slightly, because she thinks that Leah is muttering something. She realizes, with a breaking heart, that Leah is mumbling the jumbled words of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," under her breath.  

~

Thea just stares at Pepper. "They're dead?" she asks in a relatively unemotional voice considering she has just heard the news of death. 

Pepper hesitates, glancing at Tony. "...Yes, dear. They were heading west on the interstate and took a rest stop. Their bodies were found an hour ago right outside of their cars."

"What killed them?"

Tony takes over. "Imeldi. Apparently Kyle took a shot at something. His gun was next to him, and a trail of red leading into the woods. Blood. He wounded it, but barely. Didn't manage to kill it before it killed him, I guess." He clasps his hands, grimacing.

Thea nods, and Tony guesses that she is in shock. Pepper begins to walk forward as if to comfort her, but Steve puts an arm in front of her, stopping her. 

"We know it's hard," says Steve to Thea. "We just thought we would want you to know."

Thea nods again, still speechless. Then, she turns and walks out of the room.

As soon as she does so, the five men exchange glances.

"I still think this is a bad idea," says Steve.

~Thea's POV~

"PETER!" I wail as, swinging above Jack and me, he hangs a bristle of mistletoe between us. "Go away!"  I jump up, trying to swipe at him, but miss and cat-like (or I should probably say spider-like) grace, he completes an aerial backflip and lands neatly beside me.

Winking at Jack, he says to me, "Well I'm sorry that you're just shy."

Jack rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything. The news about Max and Kyle had hit him hard. I guess they were buddies back in the day.