41- Until the End (*)

Hi!

Sorry this took so long!!! I got back home late last night. 

It's a little shorter, I know, and I really hope I didn't screw it up... :) 

Thanks for reading and have a fantastic summer!

~Sierra~

Chapter Forty- Until the End

~Nobody's POV~

"Thea?"

Footsteps pad across the darkened room. The shadows lengthen to reveal the figure of Kyle as he walks towards Thea, who is still lying desolately on the ground. She doesn't move. 

He frowns. "Hey Th-"

"What do you want?" 

Her voice is hoarse and harsh.

"You okay?" he asks quietly. 

She raises her forehead slightly so that he can see only her green eyes. When she glares at him, she looks almost demonic.

He holds up his hands defensively. "Yeah, stupid question, huh?"

She doesn't answer, but continues to glare at him. 

"Look Thea," says Kyle, "You know we're doing this because we care about you, right?"

"I don't care."

He tries to contain the fact that he's surprised she actually spoke. Covering his curiosity, he replies, "You should."

"Don't tell me what to do. There are enough people who do that."

"That's probably a good point." Kyle stretches his arms up, but when he sees Thea looking at him wistfully, he puts them down. "Yeah, if I were you, I'd be pretty pissed off too."

"What's your point?" she whispers. Her arms are now in pain, but she doesn't say anything about it. 

However, she doesn't need to for Kyle to see that she is. He crouches down next to her and pulls the chain shackling her left arm slacker, from the metal ring attached to the wall, loosening it a little. She lets out a slight breath, her head sinking downward.  Kyle looks down."By the way, this crap wasn't my idea, I just want you to know that."

"I already know whose idea it was."

"So I could tell by how loudly you were screaming at Loki," he says genially. 

She glares at him even harder. "So if this wasn't your idea and you hate what they did to me, then why aren't you doing anything about it?"

In response, he moves over to the other side and snaps the other chain off the ring, loosens it, then reattaches it. Thea can't conceal her tense breathing as she is relieved of the iron shackles. 

"I am." says Kyle.

"Why aren't you out there with the others?" Thea demands. "You know, getting ready?

Kyle is fully aware that Thea is covering up her gratitude with her short temper, but he pretends not to notice. "I am. My job is to take care of -"

"Of me." says Thea, disgruntled.

"The original idea was for either Loki or Tony to stay with you until we left, but then," Kyle grins at Thea's expression. "I didn't think that was such a great idea." 

"I don't want you here either. And who is Jack with, then?"

"Clint. Now Thea listen, I'm supposed to warn you to try and not get out and this is for your own good, blah, blah, blah. But honestly, I don't think you want or need to hear any more of that crap, so I'm going to cut it short."

Blue Moon| Book 1 | An Avengers fan fiction series| *under editing*On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara