37- An Alliance and a Phone Call (/)

Hey there, everyone!
It's summer!!!!! Sooooo excited... more time to write! :) :) 

I'm going to try to update on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. 

Tiny little announcement at the bottom.

Okay, hope you enjoy the chapter! Thanks for reading! :P

Chapter Thirty Seven

Thea's POV

After Titanic, Jack and I sprawl out on the itty bitty sofa across from the table, mainly because Peter has kicked us out. This tells me that he's either doing something that he doesn't want us to know or for Steve and his ilk to know about. My gut instinct is that it's the latter, which makes it ironic that Peter trusts Jack and me about the same as we trust him. Hopefully, that will change soon because Peter is really growing on me. 

Seeing as it's an itty bitty sofa, that means Jack and I are rather crowded for room. Neither of us really mind, since it's rather cold in the plane, and we amuse ourselves by playing a few rounds of Truth or Dare. We give up five minutes later half because the only dares that are happening are perfectly ludicrous ones and half because Max comes up to us and drags Jack away from the couch. 

While I wait for Max to stop yelling at Jack, I close my eyes for a few moments. The hum of the engine is a lullaby, the vibrations trying to send me to sleep. 

Unfortunately, my little siesta is interrupted by movement in front of me. I open my eye to see Loki crouched in front of the sofa, apparently staring into my soul. 

Closing my eyes again, I say lazily, "What do you want?"

"I don't want anything- I'm warning you."

I roll my eyes dramatically, which is difficult to do when your eyes are closed. "Here we go again. What's today's threat?"

"You're getting more cheeky with every passing day, and I am not pleased about it." says Loki.

"Sorry, but in case you haven't figured this out, the world does not revolve around you."

"You could do with that lesson more than I." 

"Shut up Loki and go away." My eyes are still closed.

"Look at me and pay attention," snaps Loki, his tone much more sharp. 

"No."

Two seconds later, I have been yanked up into a sitting position and the surprise of it has simultaneously opened my eyes. 

"I said listen to me." hisses Loki.

"I'm listening, I'm listening, good lord Loki," I say, stretching like a cat to demonstrate that I really do not give a crap about whatever crap Loki is about to spit out. I gesture my hands out, waiting. "Well, go on."

His eyes are not particularly kind right now. "Thea, I have not been more serious than I am right now. You need to learn how to obey. I am aware that this is a sort of foreign concept to you, Thea, but right now, I am threatening you that if you don't listen-"

"You'll chain me up?" I ask dryly. Crap, crap, crap.

He sucks in a breath. "Where did you hear that?" When I don't answer, he shakes me, hard. "Tell me."

"Don't pretend like you're not keeping secrets from me." I say lowly, keeping up my no-care facade. "It's called the end justifies the mean."

Loki snarls and stands up. "I'm not going to bother asking you how you found out. I think my answer is a sort of spider, a bug, really." Both of us look at Peter, who up until now, has been doing a pretty good job at pretending he hasn't been listening.