60- There's a Traitor? (*)(/)

HI HI HI HI

Hope you like it!

Chapter Fifty-Nine

~Nobody's POV~ Earlier in the Story

A copy of Loki walks beside the estranged figure of Kafrandi, who has separated from Lahyri with the urge of speed, near the entrance to the cave, which has long been shut.

"You offer me the girl, in exchange for your freedom, the destruction of your brother, and the Assssgardian throne?" Kafrandi's voice is raspy, but distinctly snake-like. 

"And all the Mantra you could possibly wish for." grins Loki. Walking forward, he holds his scepter up. "The girl will be under my control, when I wish her to be. She will kill one of her companions where the Mantra lies. When she does so, that will be your signal for you and your...devoted companion to seize her. I will handle the rest, if you destroy Thor."

Kafrandi hisses. "And why ssssshould I trussssst you?" 

Loki smiles maniacally, then holds something out to the snake to see. 

"What isssss thissss?"

"This, oh great and powerful serpent" (Kafrandi ignores the sarcasm) "Is the true vial of Thea's blood. The one that failed today was an illusion. Use this to enter, but let us be well into the cave before then. The only way for you to die is if a mortal kills you. The girl is no longer completely mortal, as are most of the travelers. What have you to fear?" 

Kafrandi raises on his tail in anticipation. "If you betray me-"

"There is no need for betrayal when you offer me the only ideals I have ever wanted." says Loki coolly. 

There's silence. Then, Kafrandi hisses, "Very well. Your termsssss are agreed upon." 

Loki nods, his double pixelating as he retreats into the cave to find Lahryi, his scepter glowing blue at the anticipation of another victim.

*

~Nobody's POV~ Now

Loki grabs Jack, who is lingering near the back, trying to talk to Thea, and pulls him behind a corner- everyone is oblivious to the action.

"You will do exactly what I tell you." says Loki, pressing the scepter to Jack's chest. "You will not resist. You will not resist her when your time comes."

Jack's eyes turn a shady blue, and he stops struggling.

*

Thea's eyes are green again when the party reaches a large, flat wall. In this part of the cave, the ceilings are low and dripping with water from the ceiling and few scattered stalagmites. 

Seemingly, it's a dead end, but Clint's sharp eyes spot a small incision in the corner. It takes a few minutes, but Thor and Steve manage to push it aside, grunting as they do so that the striking weight of the slab of rock. 

When Thea follows Natasha into the small tunnel, she immediately feels claustrophobic. The ceilings are so low that even she, a short girl, has to duck, and the walls are seemingly closing in around her. She is not the only person who hurries through the tiny, if short tunnel. 

Thea's eyes widen as she takes in the sight of the Mantra's chamber. It's situated around a pool of water, with a small island in the center. Upon the island, there is another ceremonial bowl, with a silver rim around the edges. Above the bowl, a beautiful shimmery-mist of a plasma-like substance hangs mid-air, reflecting against the flashlights, the water, and the cave walls.