63- Angela's Necklace (*)(/)

Okay, so I lied. There will be one more chapter after this, plus the epilogue. 

:D

Enjoy!!!

Chapter Sixty-Three

~One Week Later~

~Thea's POV~

I am very mad.

I have just found out that Leah and I are going to be separated, that she gets to go live on Asgard with Thor and Loki. I have to stay on planet earth to try and live a "normal" life. 

"Normal?!" I had yelled at Nick Fury. "Normal is no longer part of my vocabulary!" 

"That's exactly the point." said Fury, who was casually relaxing against his office chair. I was in his office overlooking the river, in the heart of SHIELD. We were also alone, except for a guard at the door. "Both of you are going to be wanted for intelligence, for knowledge, for anything any pea-brained scientist can get. Leah will be safe in Asgard, and that's where she will remain, for the time being."

I had crossed my arms. "And I guess that means she doesn't have to go to school, then."

Fury stood. "Believe me, she will be properly educated."

"Where will I be living?"

"Ah, that. We reviewed several options-"

"Who's we?" 

He fixed me with a look, his one eye telling me that there were no other options. "Agents Barton and Romanoff." 

"Fine. Wh-"

"We agreed that, for now, you will be placed under the custody of Max and Kyle Calen." Upon seeing my look of half-annoyance, half-relief, he said, "You will not be in the middle of the city, and so will be hard to find, and the both of them will be able to help you with your...special abilities."

"I want to go to Asgard." I stated. "I already asked Loki, and he doesn't have a problem with it."

"Yeah, he's not your legal guardian, hon." His voice dripped with sarcasm.

"Who is now?" I challenged.

"Technically Max."

There had been silence. Then, Nick said, "You're leaving for South Haven in two days." 

I had stalked out of the room and banged the door behind me so loudly, my ears had rang.

*

"But I do not want to live in Michigan!" I yell at the wall. "Does anyone not realize how big of a freak I am going to be now?"

"Oh please." says Jack, who is lounging on my (temporary) bed in Stark Tower. "You're not a freak."

I glare at him, which is hard to do, because he looks adorable in his suit and tie. "Right. Because being an assassin and displaying magical powers isn't freakish at all!" 

"Not to me, it's not."

I groan. "I so do not want to go downstairs." 

"It's a party, Thea, not a public execution." Jack is twirling around his phone in one hand. "It's gonna be great, Tony really knows how to have a ball." 

I snort. "Half of everyone will be drunk in two hours."

"Nah, Pepper's limiting the alcohol due to 'underage guests'." 

"Basically...us."

"Technically, Peter too." 

"Fine, Peter too."