52- Yes, But I Won (*)

Hi all!!!! :) 

This might be more of a filler chapter, but I enjoyed writing it all the same! 

Hope you like it!!!!

Chapter Fifty-Two 

~Thea's POV~

Since the plane ride is almost twenty hours (I'm not even kidding), we decide to leave around eight that night. To pass the time, we plan, and after we plan, we actually have some fun ("It's Christmas, after all," says Steve). 

Tony had brought some fireworks with him (why, I don't know) that Jack and I beg for him to light up, but he refuses, because he doesn't want anyone to know where we are. Instead, he sets fire to what appears to be a very tall stick and lets the flame sprout to nearly twenty feet until Steve draws the limit and extinguishes it. 

Our next form of "entertainment" is half-entertainment, half-preparation for what's to come: we have mock fights, usually accompanied by bets of who will win and who will lose. We form a semi-circle around a clearing that overlooks the river, and I sit down between Jack and Peter. 

Steve and Max go first, and it's fairly obvious who was going to win in the first place. Although Max is a brilliant fighter, he's no match for Captain America, and under two minutes, Max is staggering away, mostly unhurt except for his pride. 

Clint challenges Natasha next, and this is what I call a fight. Even though we don't have money on us, Jack and I make "air bets"; I think Natasha will pull out as the winner, and Jack thinks Clint will. 

For the first five minutes, it could've easily gone either way. Both of them are moving so fast, flipping around and whirling with their daggers and fists that they are blurs moving up and down the embankment of the mountain. 

Finally though, Natasha flips around, in a beautiful execution of a backflip and kicks Clint full in the chest. He refuses surrender until Natasha actually knocks him out. 

Jack pretends to hand me money, looking sullen as Clint, moaning, gets up. 

Kyle stands up next and wiggles his eyebrows at me. "Is this a challenge?" I ask sweetly. 

"Oh yes, indeed it is, princess." says Kyle with a smirk as he pulls me to my feet. 

Kyle has a knife, the same one he was sharpening last night, but I am weaponless. Putting on my best angelic face, I walk up to Loki. Before I can even open my mouth, he tosses me his emerald dagger. "Don't you disappoint me, kitten." he says lazily, leaning back on the pole of a tent.

Kyle and I face each other, him looking at me as if I'm an adorable kid. But he doesn't know that my powers are fully formed yet. As I twirl my dagger in my hand, I eye him, waiting for him to make the first move. 

He does, a foreword jab at my left , which turns out to be a fake, as he actually strikes me on my right shoulder. Cursing my idiocy, I ignore the catcalls of those around me, and flip around, trying to kick Kyle in the chest. He catches my foot, and I nearly fall; that's when I feel myself go into what Jack calls my "ninja mode". 

After that, it's fairly quick. I grab Kyle's arm and bend his wrist back. He grunts in pain, and his knife clatters to the ground. He is now forced to fend me and my dagger off as I lunge towards. Spinning around quickly, I force him back, back, back until he's standing with his hands in the air and my dagger at his throat. 

I hear cheers, particularly from Jack, Thor, and Natasha, all, I expect, had bet that I would win. The others look precisely like Jack did when he lost the bet between Nat and Clint.