Chapter 5

Niall POV

"Goodnight, Jess," I say softly and lean in to kiss her. Fireworks erupt in my stomach and I smile mentally. We break apart and I turn to leave. The boys are calling for me.

"Bye, Niall," I hear. I grin and hop on the cart.

"What took you so long mate?" Louis asks.

"Um I may have been with Jess," I say. He nods. "And we might have kissed," I add quickly and quietly.

"WHAT?!?!" All four boys shout. I start cracking up. They all look hilarious. I don't think Harry can drop his jaw any further.

"Yeah," I say once I've finally recovered.

"Wow," Zayn says, speaking for all of them. We are silent the rest of the way home, deep in thought- thinking of the girls obviously. Once we get back to our cabin, we collapse on the couch. Liam picks out a movie, Toy Story of course, and we settle down to watch it. At the end, we all head to our rooms, me and Haz to our shared room, Louis, Liam and Zayn to theirs.

"Oh my gosh Niall," Harry whisper shouts to me once we are in our room.

"What?" I question. His eyes are glowing with a brilliant idea flashing behind them.

"For break week," he starts, "we should all go, the girls and us, we should go rent a beach house and hang out together." I stare at him.

"You. Are. Bloody. BRILLIANT!" I shout. Liam runs in.

"What, where, what?" he says confused.

"Tell you tomorrow, go to bed Daddy Direction," I tease. He smirks and leaves. I cannot wait for break week now.

Jess's POV

"You WHAT?!?!?!?" Mal shouts, grabbing my shoulders. Before I can answer, she pulls me into a bone crushing hug. "OMG THIS IS SO INSANE!!!!" she says.

"Are you guys done fangirling?" I ask.

"Nope. JIALL OMG!" Adri shrieks.

"Ok then. I'm going to sleep. I can't fall asleep riding that would end very badly," I say. Ariel, my horse, is coming tomorrow and I'm going to have to ride tomorrow to get all her energy out.

"Yeah," Mal says going into 'counselor mode'. "Time for bed." We all collapse onto our cots and fall fast asleep.

The next morning after breakfast, Niall and I head to the barn. I check the list, to see where her stall is and lead him over.

"I've always been around horses. Since I was in elementary school," I tell Niall.

"That's so cool. You'll have to show me how sometime," he says, with a slight wink. I laugh. Finally, we reach the stall Ariel is at. My tack trunk is next to her stall. Ariel reaches her shaped, chestnut colored head out of the stall over the stall guard. I grin and rub her white star on her head.

"This is Ariel," I say. Niall comes over and strokes her nose.

"Hello cutie," he says. "And Ariel," he adds cheekily. I flush. He didn't mean that, did he? It's just a joke, right? I shake my head slightly and grab my stuff and tack up. Niall watches and walks with me out to the ring. I set up a couple 3' fences, nothing too dramatic, and warm up. Once she's ready, and has worked out some of her energy, I take her over the fences. Once we are done, I slip my feet out of the stirrups and walk Ariel out. Niall ducks under the rails and walks with me.

"That was so amazing," he says.

"It wasn't much. I'll take you to a show if you want to see amazing," I offer.

"I'd love that," he nods. I put Ariel away, putting a couple carrots in her hay, and we leave. Once we arrive back at our cabin, Mal runs over.

"How was she?" she questions.

"She was great," I answer. "Let's all go down to the lake!" We all change and relax on the warm sand.

Niall's POV

As we leave dinner, leaving the girls to go to our cabin, I make up my mind. Once we get to our cabin, I change quickly, putting on supras, jeans and a red hoodie. Then, I go to the kitchen where Liam is already waiting. I take a deep breath.

"Li?" I say. He turns to me. "I- Will you help me with something?" I ask.

"What do you need Nialler?" he asks.

"I wanna ask Jess to be my girlfriend, I just don't know how," I explain.

"Good for you, mate," he says, grinning. "You just gotta go with it. Be sweet and a little cheesy," he suggests.

"I have the perfect idea!" I say. "Thanks Liam." He nods, smiling. When we head to the bonfire, I bring along an extra lantern light thing. Once we arrive, I sit next to Jess and wait for everyone to get more... distracted. Once I think nobody will notice, I get up.

"Come with me, please?" I ask. She nods, and I lead her away a little from the fire, towards the cabin. I stop, and turn to Jess. She is staring at me with a curious look in her sparkling green-gray eyes. "I have something I wanna ask you, Jess," I start. "I really like you and I wanna be more than friends. Will you be my girlfriend?" I ask quickly. She grins widely.

"Yes! Of course!" she says. I grin too and hug her tightly. We part, but I pull her back again, this time gently pressing my lips to hers. She kisses back. When we break apart again, I smile and lean my forehead against hers. We are both smiling when we walk back to the fire, hand in hand. Liam looks at us, and raises one eyebrow. I nod and he breaks into a proud smile. This has been a good night.

************************************

A/N so yeah i like this chapter cuz its long. As u might be able to tell, i am an equestrian so i wanna put that in here too, but it wont be too much. Its still a one d fanfic. So yeah ill try to update again before christmas but if i dont Happy Holidays!!!