Chapter 13

Niall's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. I listen to the beeping of the machines in the hospital. I'm sitting next to Jess's hospital bed, waiting for her to wake up. I bury my face in my hands and take a deep breath. 'It's ok Niall, she'll wake up soon' I tell myself.

"N-Niall?" I hear a voice croak out. My head shoots up and I see Jess looking at me, dazed and confused.

"Jess!" I exclaim, relieved that she finally woke up. I kiss her gently before pulling away and hugging her tightly. "You scared me," I whisper. She just keeps hugging me silently. I finally release her when the doctor and the others come in. The doctor checks on her quickly and leaves, giving all of us some time.

"Jess, are you ok now? How are you feeling?" Adrianna asks.

"I'm fine, wrist hurts, but I'm fine," she replies. We chat a little longer until the doctor comes back.

"You can leave today, if you'd like. Just be careful with the cast," he says, motioning to the green plaster covering Jess's forearm.

"Yes please!" Jess exclaims. He hands her the papers to fill out and she does so quickly.

"Alright, be careful and have a great day" the doctor says. Harry leaves for the bathroom, and the others leave to go get coffee. I help Jess up to go to the bathroom to change. She changes quickly and comes back out. I scoop her up carefully and carry her back out to the room. She giggles.

"Are we going soon?" Rae suddenly appears, her eyes looking slightly red. Jess immediately stiffens; she knows something's wrong.

"Ni, can you leave for a sec," Jess asks quietly. I nod and kiss her nose before leaving to go get some food.

Rae's POV

I walk into Jess's room looking like a mess. She notices immediately and, thankfully, shoos Niall out of the room. I sit next to her on the bed and lean on her shoulder, breaking down into sobs.

"Shhhh Rae, what's wrong?" Jess asks, sounding concerned. We've been besties since sixth grade, so we always tell each other everything to help each other out.

"H-Harry," I choke out and sob again, harder.

"What did he do?" Jess asks again, tensing but still stroking my hair softly to help me calm. I can't answer for a little while, but eventually I calm down enough to stop crying.

"Basically, I went down with the girls and I had to go to the bathroom so I went to the bathrooms," I start and take a deep breath to steady myself. "But, when I got there, Harry and a nurse were k-ki-ki-kissing," I finish and start crying again. "I just ran away. I don't think he saw me."

"Oh Rae, I'm so sorry. He didn't seem like the kind of guy that would do that to you. I'm going to kick his arse next time I see him," Jess promises. I give a small smile, knowing that she's serious.

"It's ok, Jess. He's not worth it," I sigh. "Do you mind if I call a cab and go back early? I just want to take a nap."

"Yeah, you do that, here, use my phone," she says handing me her phone. I call for a cab and hug her. I walk down to the elevator to go to the ground floor. However, Harry was also in the hallway.

"Rae!" he shouts and smiles. I ignore him and keep walking. "Rae? What's wrong?" he questions, frowning.

"I don't know! Why don't you go ask that nurse you were kissing!" I shout at him angrily as I step in and press the ground floor button.

"Rae..." Harry looks upset and.. heartbroken? "That wasn't what it looked like," he starts, but I stop him.

"Save it. Bye Harry," I whisper as the doors close. His eyes look pained but he nods and hangs his head before turning away. I lean against the wall and hug my arms, trying to hold myself together. I practically run out to the cab. I give him the address and he nods.

"Relationship trouble?" he asks, noticing my state.

"Yeah," I whisper.

"It'll get better," he promises. I smile, silently thanking him. He smiles back and starts driving. When we arrive, I pay him, giving him a large tip as thanks for his comforting. I walk into the house and go to my room. I look at my phone for the first time since I left the hospital. 26 messages and 19 missed calls from Harry. I ignore them. He's proving to be like every other guy. I'm so disappointed that this happened to me again. I lock my phone and go to my bed laying down and almost immediately falling asleep.

Harry's POV

I screwed up, and it's not even my fault. She kissed me. And I pushed her off. I didn't like it one bit. I felt awful. I was crying as I walked to Jess's room. I walk in and Jess immediately gets up and starts hitting me with her good arm.

"Harry you dickhead!" she screams at me. I take the hits, knowing I deserve them. Niall runs over, grabbing Jess's waist and pulling her away. I collapse on a chair and pull my legs into my chest, silently crying. Louis moves to my side and hugs me. This just makes me cry harder.

"Why-why are y-you c-comforting m-me?" I cry. "I don't deserve it! I'm a je-jerk!"

"No you're not. I can tell there's something to this that we don't know," Louis says.

"I didn't kiss her! She just forced herself on me! And I pushed her off but Rae didn't see that! And now everything's ruined! I lost the best thing that's ever happened to me!" I shout angrily. "It's all my fault," I whisper, sobbing again.

"Harry, I'm sorry," Jess apologizes. I shake my head.

"I deserved it," I mutter.

"Let's go home, yeah?" Zayn suggests. We all agree and head home.

************************************ dammit im giving myself really bad feels. What's harry gonna do? will rae forgive him? next chapter will be up soon, maybe even tonite!! please vote and comment!!!

Follow me on:

Twitter: @xjesshoranx

Instagram: @britishgirls_at_heart ( one direction fanpage )

Here? pweaseeee???

Luv ya!! ~Jess