6

"How could you," I whisper staring at him with his arms around another girl. He freezes and breaks the kiss they are sharing. He slowly turns his head towards me and starts to speak. I shake my head and turn around, taking off running down the hall to our room. I grab the suitcase from the closet. I hear him run to the door but I quickly shut and lock it. He bangs on the door begging me to let him in so he can explain. I don't I silently cry as I pack most of my things in the suite case. I grab the books off the shelf and stuff them in my back pack. He is still pounding on the door. "Open the door or I'm breaking it down! Please let me explain!" He cries. "What is there to explain?! I'm not good enough for you! You need someone else! Someone who's not me...," whisper the last part and choke on a sob. He hits the door again and keeps hitting it. I open the window and set my suitcase and back pack outside. I grab my truck keys and look around once more before climbing out the window. I step on the ground as he breaks down the door. I quickly grab my things and take off to my truck. I hear him cuss and his foot steps follow me. I throw the stuff in the passenger seat as I get in. He runs out of the front door and runs to my door. I lock the door and shakily try to put the key in but it doesn't work. I drop them and he is banging on the window begging me to open up. I look at him and he stops. His face crumbles and he backs away. I grab my keys and finally get them into the ignition. The engine roars to life as I take off. I look back and see him getting into his truck. I press the pedal down and fly down the road. I blast the radio, trying to drown out his voice. I'm still crying. I keep picturing him with her. I blink and quickly dodge a car. As I try to correct, my tires loose contact with the road. I flip the truck. I hold onto the steering wheel and scream as glass shatters and cuts me. The truck stops and the radio slowly dies off as the truck dies. I hear sirens and hear his voice calling my name. I slowly open my eyes and see him. His eyes stare at me and slowly his hand reaches through the windshield to unbuckle me and I slowly climb out of the destroyed truck. As I stand the world tilts and darkens. I hit the ground face first. I can feel my lungs stop working. And in those last few seconds before I passed out was his voice saying sorry I didn't love you like you wanted me too. And then that's all I remember. I died that day. I died loving him. And he didn't even love me back. Out whole relationship was a lie. And I didn't even see it. How stupid of me. Nothing matters anymore when you die. When you die, the world around you still changes. But you don't. He didn't love me do why do I still love him?