Chapter 14: Kicked out

Demi's POV
I pulled into my driveway and Winter parked next to me. We both went inside. "This isn't a house, this is a fucking castle." I just laughed.

"Oh come on, it's not that big."

"Really? How many bedrooms does it have?"

"Only five."

"Only five? My one floor apartment had two."

"So my houses big..I have a lot of stuff..I need room." I walked into the kitchen.

"Demi I have a phone we can use."

"What do you mean? I'm going to cook, we don't need a phone for that." Winter burst out laughing. "What?" I asked.

"You're going to cook? That's a good one! Come over here, I'll call for pizza."

"You don't think I can cook!" I said offended.

"Oh I know you can cook. You're just terrible at it."

"I am not! I'm going to prove you wrong!" I opened the freezer and looked for something to cook. All that was in there was ice cream and microwavable pancakes. I really need to buy some more food. I shut the freezer door and looked over to Winter, who was now sitting on the couch. "On second thought, pizza sounds good." Winter called for pizza. When it came I ate three slices but Winter only ate one. When she finished, I smiled at her. "I'm proud of you." I said.

"For what? I only ate one slice."

"Yeah but I know how hard that was for you." Winter looked at her phone.

"I should get going. I'm really tired and I have to go to school tomorrow."

"Aww. Can you come over after school?" I said as I made a puppy dog face.

"I'll try." I walked Winter to the door and she went to her car and drove off. I walked back to the couch and turned on the TV.

Winter's POV

It was only 5 but I was really tired and I just wanted to relax. I lied about going to school so I could leave. I dropped out of school when my parents passed away. I didn't tell Demi though, she'd be mad and make me go back to that hell hole. When I pulled into my driveway, there was another car there. A man in a suit was standing outside my house. "Um excuse me, can I help you?" I said as I walked over to him.

"Hello. I'm the land lord, I've been notified that the owners of this house have passed away."

"Yeah, they're my parents, but I'm still living here."

"I'm sorry but the apartment is under there name. You can't live here without them."

"Ok then I'll put it under my name."

"Alright that could be arranged, how old are you?"

"18."

"Oh, I'm so sorry Miss but I only rent apartments to people over twenty-one. You'll either have to find someone who's over 21 to live with you or move out."

"Are you serious? That's ridiculous."

"I'm sorry, those are the rules. You have 24 hours to pack your things and move out." He walked to his car and drove away. 24 hours? I ran upstairs and grabbed a few suitcases. I didn't have much stuff. I just packed my important stuff like blankets, pillows, my makeup, clothes, laptop and charger, phone charger and a few more things I might need. I went into the bathroom and grabbed my shampoo and toothbrush..and my razors. Then I went into my parents room. I grabbed a few of my mom and dad's shirts. Ok yeah it's kind of weird but it's basically the only thing I have left of them. I took my moms bracelets and necklaces. I took the pictures off the walls and grabbed the emergency money we keep on top of the fridge even though there's not much left, I had to use most of it for my parents hospital and funeral bills. I checked the house and took a few more things I might need. I think thats it. The land lord can throw everything else away. I looked at the clock, it's only 10. That didn't take too long. Like I said, I don't have much stuff. I went outside and put my bags in my car. I looked at the apartment one more time before getting in my car and driving away.

--------------------------------------------------------------

1.6k reads?! Damn! thanks so much! let me know what you think in the comments and please vote and follow me! (p.s. hi yvonne i love you)