Chapter 30: The Hospital 2

Demi's POV

I pulled out my phone and called my mom.

"Hey kiddo!" She said enthusiastically.

"Hi mom." My voice cracked.

"Is everything okay?" She asked. Her enthusiasm was gone and worry took over in her voice.

"Winter..she's..she's hurt.." I said as I couldn't control my tears any longer. They started spilling down my face uncontrollably.

"Where are you?"

"The hospital on South Main Street."

"I'm going to come down there right now, honey."

"Okay. And please bring me clean clothes." I asked, noticing all the blood stains on my shirt.

"Of course. I'll be there soon. I love you."

"I love you too, mom." I said before hanging up. I wiped my tears and leaned back in the chair. Before I knew it my mom came running through the hospital door followed by Eddie, Dallas, Maddie and Marissa. My mom pulled me into the tightest hug ever and kissed me on the forhead multiple times. She pulled away, "Have you heard anyything from the doctors?"

"No." Marissa handed me some clean clothes.

"Go change into these. We'll wait here in case the doctor comes out." I nodded and headed to the bathroom. I got changed and then looked at myself in the mirror. My makeup was a mess from crying. I ran my fingers to my tangled hair before putting it in a pony tail. I walked back out to the waiting room. I threw away my blood stained shirt and pants and sat down next to my mom. She put her arm around me and pulled me close. "It's gonna be okay." She said. The rest of my family and Marissa nodded in agreement.

"How do you know? What if it's not?"

"She's strong. Don't worry too much." Marissa said. A doctor approached us. He looked like he was in his early 30's.

"Hello, are you here for Winter?"

"Yeah, we all are." I said as I gestured to everyone.

"How is she?" Eddie asked.

"How about you all come see for yourselves." We all got up and followed the doctor. Marissa grabbed my hand it squeezed it reassuringly. The hallway felt like it went on forever. I'm afraid of what I'll see in that room. We stopped at room 243. I walked in first with Marissa and my mom close behind. Winter was laying on the bed, hooked up to feeding and drinking tubes. Her wrists were wrapped and she was very pale. I turned around and started crying in my moms arms. Everyone else came in. I pulled away from my mom and sat in a chair next to Winter. I looked up at the doctors, tears still falling from my eyes, "She's going to make it...right?" I asked. He took a deep breath and paused before speaking.

"Well..." He started.

---------------------------------------------
Cliffhanger!!! I know they suck but I really wanted to haha. I'll try to update really soon! I know it took a while to get this chapter done but I was a lot busier this week than I thought I'd be. The more comments and votes the faster the update!! Thanks for reading! (And this is unedited so sorry if there are any mistakes. I did this on my phone.)