Chapter 17: The demons win again

Demi's POV

Winter slowed down and I caught up to her. We were right in front of her room. She collapsed to her knees and put her hands in her face as she sobbed. I quickly knelt next to her and and pulled her into a hug as I rubbed her back comfortingly. "I'm s-sorry...I couldn't d-do it." She said between sobs.

"It's okay."

"My demons...they just..got to me."

"I know. But that doesn't mean they won. This is an on going battle that your fighting. You'll get past this, you'll win." I could feel her breathing start to regulate. She stopped crying. I let go of her and we both got up. She walked into her room and I followed. "I want to be alone." Winter said.

"Oh...alright, I guess I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." I said before leaving. I heard her door shut behind me. I went back to the kitchen to finish my breakfast alone. After I was done I washed the dishes then went into the living room to watch TV.

Winter's POV

Demi left and I shut the door behind her. I could feel tears filling my eyes again. Cut. Do it. You know you want to. My demons said. They're right. I want to but I can't. What if Demi finds out? Just a few she won't notice. No. No I can't. Yes. Yes you can. Do it. Do it! Do it! They screamed. I can't take it. They win again. I got up and went into my bathroom. I locked the door and grabbed my blade that I keep on top of the mirror. I sat on the edge of the bathtub and held the shiny cold blade to my wrists. Wait I shouldn't do it there. She'll see it easily. I took off my shirt and searched for a place. The first thing I saw was my stomach, probably because it's so big and fat. Perfect, cut your fat stomach. Do it now. Do it! Do it! They kept screaming and I did it. I cut under my ribs on my left side. It hurt a little more than my wrist but it's probably because I'm not used to it. I made a few more. After about 10 minutes I had 5 cuts under my left ribs and 8 on my right upper arm near my shoulder. I had started crying again. Why me? Why do I have to have an eating disorder? Why couldn't I have been born skinny? Why do I have to self harm? Why am I so fucked up? More and more tears raced down my face. I heard footsteps in my bedroom. Shit, Demi must if heard me crying. I heard her getting closer. "Winter? Are you okay?" I tried to sound like I wasn't crying.

"I'm fine." My voice cracked at the end. Wow, very convincing.

"Winter, open the door." Demi's voice was very stern.

"Uhh in a second." Shit. Shit. Shit. What do I do?! I cut kinda deep on my arm and it's still bleeding. I grabbed the roll of toilet paper and wrapped it around my arm a bunch of times. Hopefully the blood won't go through. I put my shirt back on and looked in the mirror. I cleaned up my face a little. "Winter?" 

"I'm coming." Hopefully I look decent. I unlocked and opened the door. Demi anxiously looked me up and down. 

"Are you okay?" She sounded very worried. 

"Yes, I'm fine." 

"You were in there for a while and I heard crying." 

"I'm fine." Demi looked over my shoulder, into the bathroom. She gasped and put her hand over her mouth. I turned and looked into the bathroom. I didn't clean the floor! Fuck! There was some blood on the side of the tub and the floor. And my bloody blade was just lying on the floor. Demi looked at me with tears in her eyes, then she looked down at my wrist. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

i'm so so so so sorry i haven't updated in a while. I've been on vacation so i've been doing a lot. I'm going to try to update more often i promise. anyways thank you all so much for reading and I hope you all had a great holiday! please vote and comment! tell me what you like and what you want to happen! i love reading you're comments :)