Chapter 47: He's Back

Winter's POV

Demi went to get the door. I didn't hear her talking or anything, I would think she'd greet them or something. I decided to get up and see why she's so quiet. When the door was barely in sight, I saw Demi just standing infront of the open door, she was frozen in place. I took a small step towards her. "Demi.." I said quietly. She didn't reply. She just took a small step back. She's scaring me. I took a few more small steps towards her. I saw her beginning to open her mouth to say something.

"Winter..go.." she whispered. Go? What is she talking about. "Go, go now." She said, her voice was very soft yet stern. I could feel my heart racing. Is there someone at the door? Who? Who could be making Demi act like this? "Winter, go! Now!" Demi screamed, her voice was shaking. I began to step back. Should I run? Should I stay with Demi? I saw a shadow move across the floor as someone stepped through the door. It's..it's Wilmer. How? He was arrested, how did he get out? How did he find us? What do I do? I began to walk back fast and turned around.

"I wouldn't take one more step if I was you." I heard Wilmer say from behind me. I stopped where I was and slowly turned back around to face him. I have to be brave. I have to protect Demi. This is my fight, not hers. He wasn't in the doorway anymore, he was at least 2 feet away from me. My gaze moved from his menacing eyes to his lips as he began to speak. "You didn't think I'd give up that easily, did you?" I didn't reply. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Demi moving her hand into her pocket, taking out her phone. I just have to distract him, keep him from seeing her. "Scared, Winter?" He asked. Honestly, yes, I am terrified. But he can't know that. I stood my ground and didn't show any emotion.

"Get out." I heard Demi say sternly. Wilmer laughed and turned towards her.

"What makes you think I'll just leave?" Demi showed him her phone.

"I already called the cops. They're on there way." I could hear in her voice, she was scared but she was trying to hide it. Wilmer looked a little intimidated.

"I'll leave now. But I'll come back." He looked at me, "live everyday like it's your last, because one of them will be." He ran out to his car and drove away as I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding in. I felt my eyes flooding with tears and my knees getting weak. Demi ran over and wrapped her arms around be before my knees failed me and I colapsed to the ground. I sobbed in her embrace as we heard police sirens getting near. Demi picked me up and put me on the couch while she went to the door to talk to the policemen. I couldn't make out what they were saying, all I could hear was mumbles. I was still crying and shaking quite a lot. Thoughts were racing around my mind. How did he get out? Is he really going to kill me? What did I ever do to him to deserve this?

Demi came over and bent down in front of me. She flashed me a small, toothless, sympathetic smile. I could see her eyes were watery. She wants to cry but she's holding it back for my sake. "Hey baby," she started, "some policemen want to ask you a few questions. Do you want to do it now or do you want to wait and go to the station tomorrow and answer questions then?" I took a deep breath before answering.

"I-I can do it now." My voice was very wobly. Demi stood up and motioned to the policemen to come over. Demi sat next to me on the couch and two policemen sat across from us. They introduced themselves then asked some questions. I did my best to answer them. When we were done, they left. Demi called Max and asked him if he could stay with us until Wilmer is caught and put back in jail.

---------------------------------------------

IM FINALLY ON SUMMER BREAK!!!! I'm so happy. This was a really stressful year and I'm so glad it's over and I made it through. I hope you guys like this chapter and please comment and vote! Let me know what you liked and what you would like to see happen. I'll try to use all the suggestions I receive!! Thanks for reading!