Chapter 25: Texts

Demi's POV

"Yes! Yes I was with him! I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry, and you know what it said. I didn't want to take risks. I just wanted to go and make sure he would stop bugging us and wouldn't hurt you." Winter admitted. Now I feel bad for getting angry and yelling.

"I'm sorry I got so angry."

"It's alright. I probably would've acted the same way."

"I'm still mad though. But at him not you. I'm going to go over there and teach him not to mess with my baby."

"No! You can't do that!" Winter yelled as she stood up. Fear and panic was painted across her face.

"He deserves it! Would you rather me call the cops?"

"No! Don't do either! Please Demi! You read the note, you know what he'll do to me!" Winter put her hand on her chest.

"Winter?" I got closer and put my hand on her shoulder. I could feel her breathing unsteadily.

"I think I'm having a panic attack." She said. Without thinking I quickly started moving into action. I know what to do, I used to have these all the time. I picked her up and carried her to the couch. I grabbed a water bottle and placed it on the side table. I sat next to her and laid her head on my lap. "Breath in, breath out" I kept repeating. I could feel her shaking. I was getting scared, this is bad. What if she passes out? Should I take her to the hospital? Eventually she calmed down and her breathing regulated. She sat up and took a sip of water then leaned her head on my shoulder. "I won't say anything to Wilmer or the cops." I lied. Of course I'm going to say something. I just didn't want to worry Winter and trigger another panic attack like that.

"Thank you." She said quietly.

"Why did he hit you?" I asked, but Winter kept silent. "Winter?" I looked at her but she kept her gaze locked on the ground. I lifted her chin so she had to look at me. "Why did he hit you?" I repeated my question.

"Because..I...he.." She could barely make out the words. She squeezed her eyes shut, when she opened them I saw the answer to my question in them. I know that look. I hugged her as she started to cry into my shoulder. The rest of the day was pretty quiet. We watched some tv but neither of us really paid attention to it. I texted Wilmer, "You're fucking disgusting. Raping and abusing innocent girls. Never come near either of us again you bastard."

"So you know? I knew that little bitch couldn't keep a secret. I never break a promise you know."

"You're not gonna do shit."

"Watch me." I put my phone down. He's such a liar. I don't believe he's going to do anything. That night, Winter and I went to bed around 11pm. Winter slept in my room and I had my arms wrapped around her protectively. "I love you." She said before she fell asleep.

"I love you too." I whispered back. When I wake up in the morning she'll still be right here, just watch. My eyes got heavy and I fell asleep.
When I woke up, I reached my hand over to Winter but all I felt was her cold pillow. I shot up and didn't see her anywhere. "Shit." I mumbled. "Winter!" I yelled as I got up and left the room. "Winter!" I repeated as I ran down the stairs. No response. Maybe I should've taken Wilmer more seriously. Oh god I hope she's okay. Maybe I'm dreaming..I can only hope.

---------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger!!! Oh no! Haha anyways thanks so much for reading. Comment what you like and what you want! You can message me too if you want! Vote and comment for a faster update!