Chapter 24: Questions

Winters POV

I decided to go inside. I'll have to face this eventually. I quietly unlocked and opened the front door. All the lights were out, that must mean Demi's still asleep. Thank fucking god. At least I have until morning to decide what I'm going to tell her. I tiptoed over to the stairs. As I approached them I saw a dim light coming from the kitchen. Did one of us leave the light on? I should probably turn it off. It was still hard to see but at least there was a little light in here. When I walked in the kitchen I saw someone sitting at the table. It scared the shit out of me at first but then I realized it's just Demi. Wait..Demi?! Fuck. She had a mug in her hands and the light reflected on the tears staining her cheeks. Why was she crying.

Demi's POV

I was at the table, waiting for Winter to come home. I'm so worried. Where'd she go? Why didn't she tell me she was going out? I heard the floor creak and soft breathing, I looked up and saw Winter. I quickly got up and ran over to her. I pulled her into a tight hug. "I was so worried! Where did you go?" My voice was shaky. As I was hugging her, my hand was resting on a hole in her shirt. I pulled away and noticed her clothes had multiple tears and her hair was a mess.

"I just had to run an errand. I'm sorry I worried you."

"What kind of errand? Your hairs a mess and your clothes are ripped."

"Um yeah it's uh windy out." Well that didn't sound convincing at all.

"Ok so I guess that explains your hair but how did your clothes rip?"

"I uh.." I could tell by the look on her face she was searching for a convincing lie. "I'm really tired. Let's talk in the morning." She turned to go back to the stairs. When she did that the dim light shined on her face at the right angle to reveal what looked like...a bruise? What the fuck?! I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. I turned the bigger cieling light so I could get a better look. My mouth dropped at what I saw. There was a hand shaped bruise on her right cheek. "Who the fuck did that to you?" I asked, getting angrier by the minute.

"No one. It's nothing Demi, don't worry about it." She tried to pull her arm away but I tightened my grip.

"It's not nothing Winter. Tell me right now. No one lays a fucking hand on my baby and gets away with it."

"Demi I said it's nothing you have to worry about. I can take care of my own problems." This time she managed to pull her arm out of my grip. She walked upstairs and I followed her. She laid in bed. "Can I sleep in here with you tonight?" I asked. Winter nodded. I laid next to her and fell asleep with my arm wrapped around her. When I woke up Winter wasn't in bed anymore. I heard some noise coming from downstairs so I'm guessing she's down there. I shifted in bed, preparing myself to get up. I heard and felt something crunch in the pillow. I sat up and stuck my hand in the pillow case. I felt around until I felt something. I pulled it out. It was a folded piece of paper. It had Winter's name on it. I opened it and couldn't believe what it said. I went downstairs and saw Winter sitting at the kitchen table. "I made you some cof-" I cut her off.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked as I held up the note. Winter looked shocked.

"Uh um uh it's nothing." She stuttered.

"I read it, it's not nothing. Why didn't you tell me about this? Is that where you were last night? With Wilmer? Was he the one that hit you? Is he the reason your clothes were ripped and your hair was a mess?" Winter didn't answer. She just looked at me. "Answer me!" I screamed.

----------------------------------------------------------

10k reads?!! What?!!!??!!? That's amazing! Thanks so much! Ok so you know the drill, please comment what you like, what you think, what you want. Thanks for reading and voting! I'll try to update soon!