Chapter 51: Footsteps

Demi's POV

The movie was really boring so we stopped it half way through and decided to go to bed because we were all pretty tired. I made sure Max was all set in the guest room downstairs before following Winter upstairs to our room.

We entered the bedroom holding hands. "I'm just going to use the bathroom real quick." Winter stated. I felt her hand start to pull away from mine but I quickly grabbed it tighter. I pulled her close and looked her straight in the eye. "Promise me you won't do anything in there you'll regret." I said sternly.

"I promise." Winter quickly replied. I could see in her eyes that she was telling the truth so I let go of her hand and watched as she made her way into the bathroom. I used that time to change into some comfy pajamas.

I heard the toilet flush and the faucet turn on. I took that as a sign that Winter was almost done. I laid down in bed and made myself comfortable under the sheets. When I heard the door lock click I saw Winter run out of the bathroom. She came next to me and rubbed her freshly soaking wet hands all over my face. "Oh you are so gonna get it!" I said as I began to sit up. Winter jumped next to me and attempted to hide herself under the sheets. Needless to say, she failed miserably. I pulled all the sheets off of the her and threw them on the floor. I pulled her over to me and began to tickle her sides. "Demi...Demi stop...please.." Winter pleaded in between laughs.

"Not until you apologize!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'll never...do it..again!"

"Damn right you won't." I said as I stopped tickling her. She sat up to catch her breath.

"How did you know I was ticklish?" Winter asked.

"Lucky guess, now change into some pajamas so we can go to bed."

"I don't wanna get up."

"Don't make me tickle you again." I said as I put my hands in the air.

"Okay, okay I'm going!" She quickly got out of the bed and walked over to the closet. She pulled out some PJs then looked at me. "Are you just gonna sit there and watch me?"

"Yep." I said, popping the P. Winter giggled at me and then changed. When she was done she turned off the light and laid down next to me. "Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too." She said before I fell asleep.

Winter's POV

Demi fell asleep quickly, her head was rested on my chest. I gently ran my fingers through her soft brown hair. I closed my eyes in an attempt to fall asleep but I guess I'm just not that tired. I reached for my phone trying my best not to wake Demi up. I went onto twitter and just scrolled through my timeline and mentions.

Time goes by pretty fast when your on twitter. It's already past midnight, yet I'm still not tired. Maybe a warm glass of milk will help me fall asleep. I carefully moved Demi's head onto her pillow and made my way off the bed without waking her up. I tiptoed over to the door, trying to open and close it quietly. It was pitch black in the hallway so I walked slowly with my hands out in front of me. I almost fell down the stairs but luckily caught myself and managed not to make too much noise. I made it down the stairs and turned the corner at the end of the last stair. As I was about to take another step, I heard footsteps coming from the kitchen causing me to immediately freeze.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I start school next week so I was trying to enjoy my last few weeks of summer as much as I could.

Kind of a cliffhanger chapter. I will try to update next Wednesday because I'm going camping on Thursday for school.

Anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment. Leave any suggestions and/or requests in the comments or message them to me. Thanks for reading!