Chapter 55: Relapse

**SELF HARM TRIGGER WARNING**

Winter's POV

After the movie, Demi went to her room to get dressed so I took my dress and makeup bag into the bathroom to get ready. I looked at myself in the mirror, deciding how I wanted style my hair. Should I put it up? Leave it down and straight? Curl it? Braid it? Well, Demi will probably curl her hair so I'll straighten mine. I plugged the straightening iron in. While I waited for it to heat up, I put on my foundation. I heard the straightening iron beep. I put down my foundation bottle and began to straighten my hair.

When I finished, I turned off the straightening and went to put it down but accidentally knocked over my open foundation bottle in the process. I quickly bent down and picked up the bottle before it spilled too much. I closed and put the bottle back and my bag before grabbing a towel to clean up the foundation that leaked on the floor. As I wiped the floow, I saw something shiny next to the trash can. I threw the towel in the laundry basket and picked up the shiny object next to the trash. It was one of my blades, I thought I threw them all away...I guess one missed the trashcan. It's been a while since I've held one of these. I know I should throw it away and keep getting ready... but it's so tempting. And one little cut isn't that bad, what Demi doesn't know won't hurt her.

I sat on the side of the bathtub and pressed the cold blade to my thigh. I slid it across and watched the blood trickle out, rolling down my thigh and dripping into the bathtub. A smile tugged at my lips. I made another cut, and another, and another. I can't believe I ever stopped. The stinging, the blood, it's so...satisfying. Shit, I need to finish getting ready. I let this distract me. I wrapped a towel around my thigh and rinsed the blood down the drain.

When I finished my makeup, I took the towel off my leg and rinsed the dry blood off. I gently dried my leg then slipped into my dress. "Ready?" Demi asked as she knocked on the bathroom door.

"Yeah, I just need you to zip up my dress." I opened the door and immediately froze when I caught sight of my beautiful girlfriend. "You look.." I paused.

"What?"

"You look absolutley gorgeous."

"Aw thanks babe, you look gorgeous too. Now turn around and let me zip up your dress so we can go."

Demi's POV

Max dropped us off at the restaurant. "Are you sure you don't mind waiting out here?" I asked.

"Yes, Demi. It's fine."

"Okay, thanks. Let's go babe." I grabbed Winter's hand and we went inside. We were immediately greeted by the hostess, "Hello, how can I help you?"

"We have a reservation."

"Ok, last name please."

"Lovato." She serached the reservation list until she found my name.

"Alright, follow me to your table."

We were seated in the private section and handed menus. "I forgot to take pictures at home! Stand up, let me get a picture of you in your dress!" Winter stood up and I took a few pictures. She spun around, making her dress go up a little and I saw something on her thigh. I'm probably just seeing things but..I should check, right? "Winter, come over here." She stood next to me and I lifted her dress a little but she pulled away. "Winter...how could you?" She sat down and just looked at her menu, as if I wasn't there. I can't believe her, I thought she was improving. I thought she would come to me.

The rest of the date was silent. I can't wait to just go home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year! My New Year's resolution is to update more! I just joined fanfic club at school so I have a designated time and day to write so hopefully that will help.

Also, my amazing friend Dylan has a youtube channel and I made a video with him so if you guys want to know what I look like or whatever you can go watch it. It's called, 'Guess That Human! (ft. Joslyn)' and also you should subscribe to him while your there! He makes awesome videos :) youtube.com/user/thedylandubay

So I hope you liked this chapter! Please comment and let me know what you like and/or would like to see happen. I always like getting suggestions and I try to put them all into the story.

Thanks for reading and voting!