Chapter 41: Nightmare

(Unedited! Sorry, I'm in school and don't have time!)

Winter's POV

"Let me go! Let me go!" I screamed as he continued to drag me down the long hall dimly lit with few lights. I continued to scream until he covered my mouth with his disgusting hand and all I could hear was my muffled screams. He stopped and threw me into a pitch black room, slamming the door closed behind him. "Let me out! Someone help!" I screamed as I sat up on my knees. It's so dark, I can't see a damn thing. I got to my feet and walked slowly with my arms out looking for the wall. I was obviously in a very big room judging by how long it took to find the wall. I heard footsteps getting closer and the door knob jiggle. Shit what do I do? Hide? Try to escape. The door swung open and the light from the hall revealed a black figure standing in the doorway. "How about we have some fun." He said, his deep voice taunting me. Why me? What did I do to deserve this?

My eyes shot open as I jolted up to a sitting position. I was shaking and my breathing was heavy. Tears started to spill down my face. I turned to my left and saw Demi kneeling next to the couch I somehow got on. She had a worried look on her face. She stood up and sat herself next to me before pulling me close and holding me as I cried on her shoulder. She always knows exactly what to do.

Demi's POV

After Winter calmed down she pulled away from me. "I'm sorry." She said quietly as she looked at the ground.

"Don't say that, it's okay." I assured her.

"No it's not. I probably scared the shit out of you." It's true, she did. She fell asleep on the bus so I brought her in and layed her on the couch. I went to the kitchen to make myself some tea when I heard her start screaming, "Let me go!" I was terrified. I thought someone had broken in or something. I ran to the living room but she was still laying down with her eyes closed. I immediatley knew she was having a nightmare. I shook her and yelled her name but she wouldn't wake up. She screamed some other things and she started shaking and breathing heavily. I almost brought her to the hospital.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize Winter was calling my name, "Demi?"

"Huh? Oh sorry. You did scare but all that matters is you're okay now." There was a moment of silence. "What was your nightmare about?" I asked. I knew it was risky but I had to know.

"Nothing. It's no big deal."

"No big deal? You were yelling for someone to let go of you. Was someone hurting you?"

"Demi I said it's no big deal. Just forget about it." She stood up. "I have to go to the bathroom."

"Down the hall, third door on your left." I said as I remembered Winter's never been to this house before. While she was in there, I went upstairs and grabbed some extra pillows and blanket and put them in my room. I have a king sized bed, she can sleep with me. I need to be there in case she has another nightmare. I went back downstairs expecting Winter to be out by now. I went and knocked on the bathroom door, "Winter? Everything okay?" I asked.

"Uh yeah, almost done!" I went in the kitchen and made the tea I was going to earlier. I decided to make two so Winter could have one. Winter came out just as I poured the hot water into two mugs. "Demi?" I heard her call. I skipped into the living room.

"Over here!" I said. Winter followed me into the kitchen.

"This house is so much bigger than your other one. I think I need a map."

"You'll figure it out in no time." I said as I handed Winter her tea. She just stared at it in disgust. "Everything alright?" I questioned.

"Um..well, I don't like tea..."

"WHAT?" I asked shocked. "Who doesn't like tea?!"

"Uh me. I'm more of a hot chocolate kinda girl."

"Fine, I'll drink it." I finished mine and Winter's tea before we both headed to bed. 

-------------------------------

Uh oh, what happened with Winter is really getting to her. Comment what you think and any suggestions you have! I'll update as soon as I can, the more comments and votes I get usually makes me update faster because it gives me motivation. ALSO MY NEW STORY IS UP SO PLEASE READ IT!!!!!! THANKS I LOVE YOU!