Chapter 18: Quiet

Demi's POV

I looked at Winter's wrist. "Can I..." I stopped as my tears threatened to spill down my cheeks. Winter shook her head. "Please." She slowly stuck her arms out. I rolled both her sleeves up. There were only scars on her wrists. No fresh cuts. I looked at her kind of confused. She walked over to her closet and took her shirt off, her back facing me. I noticed she had toilet paper wrapped around her right upper arm. She put a tank top on, then walked back over to me. She took off the toilet paper and threw it in the trash. She had fresh cuts that were still bleeding. "Winter those look deep. Come out to the kitchen with me so I can properly clean them."

"No. They're fine."

"No they're not. Come on, or they're going to get infected and you'll have to go to the doctors." She gave in and came with me. She sat on one of the stools in the kitchen. I grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink and put it on the table. I sat next to Winter. I started cleaning the cuts. Winter flinched and pulled her arm away, "Ow! Demi that hurts!"

"I know, but I have to clean them." Winter put her arm back in front of me. I finished cleaning her cuts and I wrapped her upper arm. I put the first aid kit away. "I'm going back to my room." Winter said as she stood up.

"No, you're staying out here. We need to talk." Winter and I went and sat on the couch in the living room. "How long have you been doing it?" Winter hesitated to answer. She broke eye contact.

"Since my parents died." She said quietly.

"Why didn't you come to me?"

"I didn't want you to be mad or disappointed." I took her hands in mine.

"Please look at me." I said. She looked up, her cheeks were stained with tears.

"I would never be disappointed or mad at you. I would've helped you from the start." I wiped her tears away with my thumbs.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Just promise me next time you'll come to me. And if I'm not here, text or call me, okay?"

"Okay." I pulled her into a hug.

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked as I sat back an turned to face the tv. She nodded. I picked a random movie to take our minds off the subject. I laughed a lot throughout the movie but Winter was silent. She was blankly staring at the floor. The movie ended about ten minutes ago, Winter hasn't said a thing or moved. "Winter?" I said, breaking the silence. She didn't move. "Winter?" I said a little louder this time. She still didn't move. I was getting a little worried. "Winter!" I yelled as I shook her. She jumped a little and looked up at me.

"What?" She asked quietly.

"You scared me. You haven't talked for like an 2 hours and you weren't responding to me."

"Sorry." She said so quietly it was barely audible. "I'm really tired. I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight." She stood up and walked upstairs. She's acting really weird. I'll let her be alone and see how she is tomorrow. I'm tired too so I'm going to go to bed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry its a really bad chapter and I haven't updated in a while. I'll try to update very soon and make my next chapter better. thanks for reading and please comment. tell me what you want to happen, give me ideas, i have major writers block