15 - You are Mine

"I love this movie."

"I hate this movie," Alison groaned in response to Emily.

The two were standing in line to buy tickets for the almost-daily screening of "The Notebook" at their local movie theater. The establishment often did re-runs of popular movies, generally focusing on that one particular Nicholas Sparks movie. "Seriously, why don't they use their budget for a movie that's actually good?" Alison joked, mostly to get a rise out of the brunette, something she loved to do. She knew bantering with Emily beats bantering with anyone else any day.

Alison had always hated that movie for a very simple reason: it was cheesy and it gave too much hope for relationships. Emily on the other hand, loved that movie. In fact, it was one of her favorites. When Alison had allowed her to pick the movie, she had expected Emily to pick a sappy romantic movie, but she didn't expect her to pick the sappiest of them all.

"Okay, you cannot hate 'The Notebook'," Emily quipped in defense of her beloved movie.

"Watch me," Alison responded teasingly and a smirk appeared on her face, displaying her dimples. Emily only huffed in response as they approached the counter. "Two tickets to 'The Notebook', please," the brunette asked the lady behind the counter. They paid for their tickets quickly and walked over to the food section to buy popcorn and drinks.

Once they were all done ordering, Alison reached for her wallet to pay, only to be stopped by Emily. "No, Ali, you came with me to that swimming convention, remember? It's on me," she said smoothly as she handed the money to the cashier.

Alison smiled softly at Emily before turning the brunette to face her and kissing her briefly on the lips. They parted and Emily grinned in return, but her smile faltered once she saw the look the cashier was giving them. He looked at them with relative, unmasked look of disgust, and when Alison followed the brunette's line of sight and noticed his expression, she felt her blood reaching a boiling point.

"Something wrong?" she snapped angrily. When the cashier heard Alison's harsh tone and demanding expression, he struggled to answer.

He recognized her well. Everyone in Rosewood knew who Alison was, after all, and although she wasn't complaining, she absolutely hated people who tried to get nosy when she was having a moment. Especially a moment with Emily on their first date which the brunette had already been a bit nervous about. There was no need to add looks of revulsion to the list of things that could go wrong about the evening.

"No! I-I j-just-" he stuttered.

"You just what?" the queen bee demanded in a firm tone.

His eyes widened in alarm as he clamped his mouth shut.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Alison finished and walked away, carrying the two drinks they'd purchased, leaving Emily to carry the popcorn and candy.

Emily silently gathered the food and trailed behind Alison. The blonde paused her dramatic exit for a moment, looking behind her and finding Emily. She stopped so Emily could walk next to her, and they both headed in the direction of their designated theater, when someone suddenly bumped harshly into Alison, setting her off balance. She spilled one of the drinks all over her bare calf and knee. She gasped in surprise when the cool drink made contact with her skin and looked down to see who had dared to spill a Coke Zero on the queen bee of Rosewood. The liquid thankfully did not damage Alison's heels nor dress, but it sure did make the girl even more furious than she already was.

'Of course, Hermie,' she thought in exasperation as her eyes landed on Lucas Gottesman with his mouth wide open and pure fear in his eyes.

"I'm sorry... I-I'm sorry," he mumbled regretfully as he tried to wipe the liquid away using his sleeve.