23 - You're My Future

"I'm glad we sorted out all of the details. Now all you need to do is pack and get on that plane!" Harris stated enthusiastically, putting all of his papers in his office bag. "Oh, and don't forget to have fun. You guys are the first ones I'm flying out to Paris. I opened the place up with my family's money, so I'm really glad to see it's already taking off. Now I'm not just some rich kid with no purpose, I'm the owner of a successful club."

"We'll tell everyone we know about your club, Harris," Spencer said assuringly.

"Yeah, you won't regret flying us out, we promise," Aria added with an encouraging smile.

Harris laughed, nodding to himself as he took in the group of teenagers that seemed more like a bunch of models for a popular clothing store than anything else, before exiting The Brew with his bag.

"You guys, I cannot believe we're going to Paris in two days!" Hanna squeaked cheerfully, showing her dimples.

"Woah, relax, Han, people are staring," Spencer chuckled, nodding her head in the direction of an elderly woman who was looking at Hanna oddly.

"Let them stare, Spence," Hanna rolled her eyes. She turned to the lady, stating, "Hey, take a picture, it'll last longer."

The elderly seemed horrified as she quickly grabbed her bag and exited the coffee shop. "Hanna, what the hell? That was my neighbor that you just verbally assaulted!" Emily all but shouted at her best friend.

"Sorry, Em, she was the one who was staring," Hanna shrugged nonchalantly.

"She deserved it, Han. Ugh, I hate that woman," Alison stared after the elderly in disgust.

"Emily's neighbor?" Aria asked in confusion.

"Yeah," Alison answered simply, dipping her french fry in ketchup and bringing it to her mouth.

"Why?" Ezra questioned with a hint of amusement.

"Well, this one time, I tried to sneak into Emily's room at night through the window, and apparently I was making some noise, so the bitch called the cops on me! Luckily, I was out of there before the police came, but it was a close call." Alison disclosed, leaving everybody's mouths hanging open.

"Wait, that was you? I thought someone was legitimately breaking into our house!" Emily reminisced the horror she was in that night.

"Yup, that was me," Alison answered proudly with a little devilish grin, pleased at the sight of Emily's surprised face.

"You almost gave my mom a heart attack - wait, what were you even doing in my room?" Emily asked suspiciously, turning to face Alison.

"Shh," Alison placed her index finger on her lips and winked.

"Okay, gross. I'm not hungry anymore," Spencer stated, pushing away her plate over-dramatically.

"Oh relax, you prude. We were thirteen, I didn't do anything. I just didn't want to sleep in my house because Jason's beer buddies were there," Alison explained further.

"Well, then why didn't you come to my house? I live like, three feet away from you," Spencer started.

"I wanted my mermaid," Alison answered honestly and shrugged, making Emily smile shyly.

"Wait, I remember that night now," the brunette said quietly as she spoke to Alison alone, the recollections popping into her mind. "I woke up to find you sitting on my bed and you told me my mom let you in."

"Yeah, I had to white-lie it a little," Alison admitted. "I didn't even sleep in your room that night after all, but I guess my initial thought was just wanting to have someone with me that I knew actually cared about me, you know? And I was going to wake you up, but you looked too peaceful sleeping and I didn't have the heart to do it."