39 - You're Just my Type

A few days passed uneventfully until the weekend finally came around, and Noel and Alison's beginning of the year party was taking place that very night at the Kahns' family cabin. The two had been planning on mixing Spencer's 16th birthday into the party by Toby's suggestion, so that now, it was a beginning-of-the-year, birthday party. Spencer had insisted -more like threatened - that she didn't want anything big for her sweet sixteenth, so a nice party with all of her friends and acquaintances seemed like a good idea for a celebration.

The group arrived at the event by foot, figuring they didn't want to drive drunk, and the cabin really wasn't that far of a walk. As they approached the cabin, they saw Noel trying to carry an exaggerated amount of different snacks and drinks inside the house. They hurriedly ran up to help him.

"Hey, you made it!" he acknowledged excitedly as the group helped with the bags and coolers of drinks. "Happy birthday, Spence."

"Thanks, Noel," Spencer answered with a smile as Toby came behind her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"Those lights are so pretty," Emily commented enthusiastically as she pointed at the fairy lights hanging on the roof of the cabin, creating a magical effect. The brunette had been generally extra cheerful that day since all signs of her black eye were now completely faded and she was back to normal.

"You can have them if you want," Noel suggested lightheartedly.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you told me how much you love Christmas. You can use them when the season comes," he offered with a shrug.

"Thanks, Noel," Emily smiled genially at him.

They followed him inside his family's cabin and greeted people left and right in the process. Even the guys who were new at the school had already managed to make plenty of friends, due to their friendly personality and the fact that they were associated with the girls.

Of course Alison needed to make a mindblowing entrance for this party, since she was one of the organizers, and well, because she was Alison DiLaurentis. She smirked her infamous smirk as she strolled confidently through the door, satisfaction donning on her face as people parted ways for her, stopping their conversation just to move out of her way. Emily would've rolled her eyes at the girl if her need for attention wasn't actually so damn cute.

They looked around in awe, seeing that there were plenty of people inside the house already, but the party was just getting started.

XXXXX

"God, the sun hurts my eyes, I feel like a freaking vampire," Alison complained tiredly as she took a seat at a table in the corner of The Brew.

"Ali's right, this hurts like a bitch," Hanna took the seat next to Alison, adjusting the sunglasses on her face even though it was indoors.

"Language, Hanna." Spencer semi-scolded, seeing as they were in a public place.

"Not so loud, Spence!" Aria whined, covering her ears at a lame attempt of easing up her hangover.

"Remind me again why we decided to go out instead of just suffering the hangover at our houses?" Emily asked no one in particular.

"Because," Alison started, "I don't remember half of the things from last night so I kind of need you all to fill me in."

"So many things happened last night," Aria said as she shook her head lightly.

"Yeah, it was one hell of a party," Hanna chuckled and the rest couldn't help but smile in agreement with her. Even Emily and Spencer, who for the most part usually didn't enjoy parties, smiled at the memory.