26 - Worth the Wait

A/N: Dictionary at the end! All of the chapters with French words in them will have a dictionary.

Later that day, the group met up in the lobby in order to go to their first traveling destination - the Louvre Museum. When they had told Harris they wanted to go there, he had promised them speed-line tickets, so they wouldn't have to stand in a queue for hours with sweaty tourists, which they were more than grateful for.

On top of it all, the group had rented through Harris' acquaintance a large Chevrolet Suburban, which meant they had a total of nine seats, along with a driver. They had agreed ahead that it would be best to rent the services of the driver and the car for the whole week so that they wouldn't have to worry about cabs or other ways of transportation, and it was the cheaper option overall, which made Emily feel a bit less guilty.

They stepped into the large vehicle and the driver drove them to the famous museum. As they neared, a pyramid-shaped building and a palace-looking structure came into view.

Alison couldn't help but smile in anticipation. This was going to be their first day in Paris and she couldn't wait to get inside the Louvre. She caught Spencer's eye and noticed the witty brunette was smiling too. Spencer had told her a few days before that she was really looking forward to visiting the Louvre.

"Which artwork are you most excited to see, Spence?" Alison questioned.

Spencer snapped her eyes from the view outside to face Alison. "Probably the Mona Lisa, just out of pure curiosity about whether it's really as small as people say it is, but I think I'm mostly just excited about walking in those never-ending halls inside the museum. The architecture is amazing," Spencer gushed in her typical Spencer way.

"Wait, can you please switch back to the previous station?" Toby asked their driver, who complied. "Thank you," the boy said in thanks.

"You listen to 'Circa Survive'?" Emily asked with a pleased smile.

"Of course," Toby answered instantly as if it was obvious, "I used to draw their album covers."

"I love them!" Emily said with a fond grin. These days, it seemed like she and Toby couldn't get even more in sync with their friendship.

"Yes, Emily, we know." In a mocking tone, Hanna repeated Spencer's words from back when Noel had told them about the Maroon 5 concert. Spencer snorted in response.

"Nous sommes ici," the driver announced from the driver seat. They looked out the window and noticed they were right in front of the huge landmark, which was piled with people.

They exited with a jump in their step, thanking their driver before walking towards the entrance. Alison felt victorious as she passed by the many people standing in line and drying their soul out, knowing that she could just waltz in without waiting. They gave the guard their tickets and after a quick body scan, they entered.

"Wow," Spencer breathed out in pure wonder. "This is extraordinary."

"I don't get it, it's just a triangle," Hanna commented nonchalantly as she looked around the place.

"No, Hanna, it's not just a triangle. It's the entrance to the Louvre, the biggest museum in the world. Did you know-" Spencer was cut off by the groaning of the seven people around her. She ignored them and continued. "-That the Louvre wasn't always a museum? Oh, and that Napoleon once hung the Mona Lisa in his bedroom?" Spencer stated in awe.

"Napoleon? Isn't that the little guy?" Hanna asked, making Spencer roll her eyes exasperatedly.

The group walked around the museum for a while, admiring the artwork. For the last few minutes, Emily had been looking at a large painting in the corner of the current room they were in, eyeing all of the meticulous details in awe, when she felt two arms wrap around her from behind. She smiled as she recognized the familiar smell of vanilla.