67 - The Beginning of Forever - Final Chapter

Pam Fields was, without a question, the emotional type when it came to her only daughter. Whenever her baby was having a big day, she willed herself not to cry. Along with her husband, she had raised Emily to be the impeccable human-being she was, and they couldn't be more proud of her.

Except, Pam sarcastically pondered as she shook her head in despair for the hundredth time, for right now.

"Just - come a bit closer..." the woman instructed, "okay, now turn a little to the left..."

Emily, who watched her own mother with an exasperated expression, couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"Mommm," she dragged out the word, receiving an unamused glare from Mrs. Fields, who lowered the camera around her neck to chest-level.

"I'm your mother, Emily. Let me have this," she spoke sternly.

Emily's slightly annoyed face turned to watch as her father entered the room, holding a steaming cup of coffee.

"I can't believe my babygirl is graduating," he expressed with a warm smile, unaware of the tiny argument that occurred less than a minute ago. "She was sixteen just a second ago. And she was six only a second before that." he shook his head, as his brown eyes, that were almost identical to Emily's, remained hopeful and welcoming.

"They grow up so fast, huh," the girl who entered remarked from across the room. She stood with her arms crossed lightly, wearing a small smirk and examining Emily up and down. When she caught the brunette's eyes, she sent a sultry wink her way, which went completely over Pam and Wayne's heads.

Alison chuckled to herself as Emily's cheeks grew warm. Her favorite person was still not immune to her mischievous flirtation. She couldn't believe the effect she still had on the girl, it was incredible.

Alison had arrived at the Fields' house on foot, since Emily was supposed to give her a ride to the ceremony. The day, this day, had finally arrived. All of the pressure and ups and downs along the way were worth it. And as her eyes lay upon the three members of the Fields family, the blonde relished the thought that she didn't feel like she was intruding this family moment, because she was already so close with the three of them that she couldn't remember the time when they weren't there for her.

"Oh, Alison, perfect! Get in there with Emmy, would you?" Pam gushed excitedly.

Alison's eyes brightened at the invitation, "Of course! You don't have to ask me twice."

The blonde advanced towards Emily and gave her a loving hug in greeting once she reached her, feeling the brunette's long arms wrap around her comfortingly. The scent of Emily's supernaturally addicting shampoo was stronger that day, Alison wasn't sure why, but she sure as hell wasn't complaining.

As they faced Pam's intimidatingly large camera, Emily leaned in and whispered to her, "I'm sorry about all of this."

Alison turned to look at her in confusion, "Why sorry? I love taking pictures with you."

"Really?" The brunette smiled softly as she stared into the blonde's crystal blue eyes.

"Of course, Em. It makes me feel like I'm in a museum," she responded nonchalantly, raising her eyebrow, "you know, taking pictures by the artwork."

Emily rolled her eyes playfully, "Do you want some bread for that cheese?"

"Come on, girls, quit jabbering," Pam commanded, now pleased that Alison was there, in order to subtly force Emily to take more pictures. "I want the perfect shot of you two. One to show the grandparents."

Emily sighed, "Mom, you have like, two albums worth of photos of us."

"Hush. Okay, now just a couple more..."