20 - Third Time's a Charm?

Come morning light, all awkwardness between Emily, Alison and Spencer from the previous night thankfully died down. It was 8:30 AM and the eight-people group was getting ready to leave for breakfast in the diner Spencer had recommended.

"Take everything with you, we're going straight to the zoo from the diner!" Spencer informed loudly as she ran around with her usual Hastings anxiety, picking up plates and empty bags to throw away.

"Spence, would you stop running around like a maniac? You're moving faster than a freaking bird!" Hanna shouted at her, her head spinning at the attempt of trying to follow the witty brunette with her eyes. It was simply an impossible task.

"Aria, do you remember when you had that bird? What was its name... Tippi?" Emily reminisced as she sat lazily on the couch, all of her belongings already packed and ready to go.

"Don't even bring up that singing canary," Aria said bitterly, memories of the bird's screeching voice flooding her mind.

"Parrot," Spencer corrected as she returned to the living room.

"Whatever," Aria dismissed as she finished packing the last of her things, closing the zip of her duffel bag with a huff.

Ezra, Alison, Toby and Caleb came back from the kitchen, holding sandwiches and different types of candies in bags. The four girls gave them a what the hell kind of look at the rather large variety of sweets.

"What? It's for the ride." Toby said defensively. They all laughed knowingly and grabbed their bags, heading out the door, and Spencer locked it behind them. They separated into the two cars almost like it was routine, and drove off in the direction of the diner.

Upon arriving, they were all smiling and ready to start yet another busy day. They settled down in one large booth in the corner, which was notably more spacious than any other booth in the diner and contained enough room for all of them, with a bit of flexibility, of course.

The waitress approached them. "Good morning! May I take your orders?" she asked in an exaggerated amount of enthusiasm that made Alison want to roll her eyes, though she refrained. The blonde simply didn't understand the idea of being so energetic in the morning, it just didn't sound very appealing... or human.

They ordered four full American breakfasts for each couple to split, varying in different juices to drink and different side dishes. Soon enough, the waitress returned with their orders, but just as she walked away, Alison noticed she didn't have a knife, a fork, nor a spoon next to her own plate, while the others did.

"Hey, I think they forgot my silverware. I'm going to go get it," Alison declared as she stood up.

"You want me to come with you?" Emily asked sweetly as she looked up at the blonde.

"No, it's fine, just start eating. I'll be right back," Alison promised nonchalantly and walked away from the booth towards the counter.

As she trotted, she looked over her shoulder at Emily, who was talking animatedly to Hanna. Before she could turn her head back around, she accidentally bumped into someone, sending them flying down to the floor. "Watch where you're going!" the guy shouted harshly at her.

Alison's inner bitch instantly perked up at the rude tone of his voice. She thought those words sounded familiar and realized that the sentence the guy had just shouted, was probably something that came out of her mouth a million times before whenever someone wouldn't watch their step around her. Hell, looking at the guy, she noticed that he generally looked like some kind of male version of her. He was an expensive-clothes-wearing, snob-looking, blond and blue-eyed charmer. She offered him a hand, but he declined it, getting up by himself and brushing the dust off of his clothes. He walked away without saying another word, bumping into Alison's shoulder as he passed by her.