40 - Keep you Safe

Sunday went by without any complications. In fact, it passed quite boringly, if you asked Alison. As usual, her mother went to church with her father, after trying to convince her to come as well, an invitation that the blonde nonchalantly rejected. Like clockwork, it happened every Sunday.

On Monday morning, Alison begrudgingly rose to the sound of a vacuum being turned on. Her head shot up swiftly and turned to look at the clock. 6:05 AM. This ungodly hour was not one to be awake at. Annoyed, she jumped off of the bed, rushing down the stairs to quiet down whoever chose to "clean" at 6 in the freaking morning.

Coming down the stairs, she expected to find her mother, vacuuming in the early morning for some unknown reason, but instead, she found Jason, a vacuum in one hand and a broom in the other, looking absolutely miserable, and not to mention ridiculous.

"Jason? What are you doing?" she asked incredulously, rubbing the sleep off of her eyes.

"Vacuuming, cleaning," he answered simply.

"Why?"

"Someone special is coming over," Jason said plainly, turning off the vacuum once he was done with the living room carpet.

"Your girlfriend?" she asked in a teasing voice.

"She's not my girlfriend," he rolled his eyes, but the blonde wasn't a fool, she could see the hint of red appearing on his cheeks.

"When will I meet her?" Alison smirked.

"With that smirk, probably never," he chuckled.

"What? Come on, Jas, it's not every day that you have a girl over."

"Gee, thank you for showering me with compliments, Al," Jason said sarcastically, continuing to broom around the living room.

"I didn't mean it like that," she tsked, not backing down from the subject, "when is she coming over?"

Jason sighed as he paused in his task, understanding full and well that Alison wouldn't drop it until she met the girl. "Tonight, at seven."

"Can I bring Emily?"

"You know under any other circumstances I would say yes, but the last thing I want is for this to turn into some... double date," he said with a grimace, shaking his head vigorously.

"Yeah... no. I'm bringing Emily," she said in a decisive voice. "And ah-ha! You said it was a date!"

Jason groaned, realizing he did just admit that the person coming was his date.

"Tonight it is," Alison smiled in victory, ascending up the stairs again. "And please," she turned back halfway, "stop with the vacuuming. It's inhumane to wake up your sister like that."

Alison stalked up to her room, hearing Jason chuckling behind her at her dramatics.

XXXXX

"Ugh, I hate Mondays so much," Hanna groaned, opening her locker and barely resisting banging her head against it.

"Tell me about it, Garfield," Emily teased with a small sigh. She placed some books in her locker and took some other books out, putting them in her bag.

"Where's Ali?" Aria asked as she walked up to them with Spencer from their lockers, "it's only a minute till the bell."

Emily shrugged with a small frown as she looked around, seeing no sign of her favorite blonde. Finally, searching with her eyes, she spotted Alison walking towards them.

"Good morning," Alison greeted with a fatigued voice, opening her locker. Emily approached her, and the blonde smiled tiredly at her, leaning over to kiss her cheek. "Hey, you."