52 - Rain

"Are you ready to leave?" Ezra called out to the two girls from inside his warmed-up car. Aria anxiously reached out and turned the temperature of the AC even higher, the air from outside chilling her bones.

Emily nodded in response, looking past her shoulder to see Alison locking her front door, and she slowed down for Alison to catch up with her. The blonde bounded down the steps quickly in Emily's Rosewood Sharks sweatshirt, by far her favorite clothing item of the brunette's. She grabbed Emily's hand and the brunette led them over to her car.

Emily turned on the ignition as Alison got settled in the passenger seat, securing her body with a seatbelt, then Ezra took off down the road. Emily reversed out of her parking spot, then followed his lead. The blonde instantly reached out to do the same thing Aria did, and turned on the AC for warmer air. It was absolutely freezing outside, but it was the only day Ezra and Aria could meet up with them in the next three weeks. They had been planning this double date for what felt like ages, and now, two full weeks after Emily was fully recovered from her sickness, they finally executed it.

They followed Ezra's silver Mazda the entire way, and when they saw the 'City of Rosewood' sign, they kept on going, their destination residing not too far out of town. Alison turned up the radio and some indie song played in the background while she talked to Emily about her day. There wasn't much to say, it was pretty lacking of events, except the fact that her PE teacher didn't seem to be mad at her anymore, which was good. And, she didn't tell Emily, but she had seen Maya at the town square when she'd gone out for lunch that day with Spencer, and she had barely resisted the urge to walk over and punch the girl.

At one point, the brunette noticed from the corner of her eye that Alison was staring at her, a small smile tugging at her lips. "What?" Emily asked, glancing at the girl momentarily.

"You're a good driver, Em."

Emily chuckled gently, "That was random."

Alison shrugged as she stared out the window, "You are." As a result of her comment, she reached out and softly tugged one of the brunette's hands off the steering wheel, leaving her to drive one handed as they held hands over the center console. Emily really was a good driver, so surely she could afford to drive with one hand, Alison mused. Emily apparently thought so too, since she turned her palm face up and laced her fingers with a pleased Alison.

Emily saw the silver car in front of her turning left and pulling to a stop next to a colorful stand. Ezra rolled down his window and paid the guy in the stand ten dollars, then received a certain piece of paper. He thanked him, closing the window and maneuvering his car to find a place to park in the busy drive-in movie theater.

Emily and Alison did the same and moved to where they saw Ezra advancing with his car. They noticed Aria practically shaking her soul out as she stood in the parking spot next to Ezra's, saving the place for Emily's car. Once she saw the brunette's Audi approaching, Aria rushed back into her boyfriend's vehicle and closed the door. Emily chuckled at the small brunette, then parked her car, facing the huge screen.

Ezra and Aria had insisted on a black and white movie, forcing Alison and Emily to share an eye roll, agreeing to 'Some Like It Hot'. They had all watched this movie before, but it was different watching it in the atmosphere of a drive-in theater. Everything just seemed... better here. More tasteful and classy.

"Are you warm enough, Ali?" Emily questioned concernedly, turning to the blonde.

Alison hummed positively as the brunette fiddled a bit with the heater, "Yeah. Are you?"

Emily nodded in return. She then reached out and turned off the radio, seeing as the movie was about to start.

"School was so annoying today," Alison started and Emily turned to her questioningly. "During every other lesson, whenever rain would start to pour, the teacher couldn't stop all of the students from running to the window. What are they, twelve?"