59 - I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty (P2)

Hanna groaned loudly and dropped her head gently on the familiar kitchen island once the whistling sound was heard again. She didn't care what time it was, all she knew was that it was before 7 AM and that she shouldn't have been awake. She had misguidedly assumed that since they all slept the previous night at Alison's, that they would wake up around noon or so - get their proper beauty sleep - then get ready and go to the venue of the fashion show. She honestly didn't know why she was surprised by the fact that Mrs. DiLaurentis had different ideas. At least she got them all out of school for the day.

The woman in question invaded the kitchen, plastic whistle still firmly planted between her lips. Aria jumped, startled, when the woman, who was standing right beside her, blew again. Hanna hated that damn whistle so much. Jessica had woken them up with it - or more so, scared them out of their peaceful sleep - she'd gotten them to get out of bed with it and she got them to do their normal hygiene regiments with it. Hanna felt like she was in the military for the day, or rather, a part of the Von Trapp family.

"God, mom," Alison whimpered in frustration. "We're up, we're up."

"Emily, your parents will be arriving shortly, they will come with us to the venue," Mrs. DiLaurentis informed, and Emily dutifully nodded, as she seemed to be the only one, save Spencer, who was coherent enough to respond in a way that wasn't mumbled comments.

"Ladies," Jessica said in a mild warning tone as she eyed the three sleepy figures and the two other ones who simply looked distressed, "go get showered."

She exited the kitchen, but not before giving them a scary glower that implied that if they were to screw up her perfect schedule for the day, they would have to deal with her.

Emily got up to start making coffee for everyone, knowing they desperately needed it, when Jason entered the room in his work attire - a white button-up tucked in a pair of khaki pants. He took all of their tired faces in for a moment, then snorted in amusement.

"Shut up, Jason," Alison bristled, and the rest of the girls made grumbled noises of agreement.

"You're just jealous I don't need to do any of this, Al," he shrugged, slinging his arm around Emily's shoulder as they both leaned their backs on the marble counter.

"That's not fair, you're a guy," Emily commented, crossing her arms huffily, but took the muffin he offered her nonetheless.

"Hey, be nice to us guys. Just because most of you in this room are lesbians doesn't mean-"

A wide-eyed Emily held Alison back around the waist when the blonde lunged for her brother, the latter escaping easily then breezily walking out of the kitchen, cackling at his own joke. That didn't stop Alison from throwing a muffin at the back of his head, pleased when he made a pained sound.

Alison dropped heavily in her chair, leaving Emily to pant at the effort right behind her. They were both finally very much wide awake.

"Wait," Aria said, holding her hand up with the most comically befuddled expression the girls had ever seen her wear. "What did he mean by most of us?"

XXXXX

It took further five minutes to calm Alison down and not have her chase Jason all the way to his office in her pajamas, ready to strike him down, and then another ten minutes to assure Aria that Jason was only joking, or in Alison's words, 'Being his ass self.'

Somewhere in the middle of all of that, they went upstairs, and got in the shower in their turns. Hanna, Aria, and Spencer, who were already showered, along with Emily, who was the next one in line, were organizing everything they needed to take to the venue with them. In the meantime, Alison was in the other room, humming peacefully as warm water hit her skin.