Chapter 37: Someone else

"Frisk..." Chara said and kissed my forehead "Why would you ever think that way? Every monster is eternally grateful to you" Asriel nodded.

"Anyway, I could've broken the barrier with the six human souls and all the monster souls; but you insisted, (A/N There will be a prequel to show why) and that's what counts."

"I agree with Azzy. You are so important to everyone. Think about it, if you hadn't come along, I'd still be dead, Azzy; he would still be a soulless flower, mom and dad wouldn't have made ammends with eachother and everyone would still be trapped in the underground" Chara explained, stroking my cheek.

"But it didn't have to be me" I resented as I finally pulled down my sleeve. "It could've been someone else; someone who had been stronger than I am, happier than I am, better than I am"

"Frisk-"

"Anyone could've ju-fell down that hole, ANYONE! It just happened to be me!" I said as I stood up. "Someone much happier could've fallen down, someone much more independent could've saved the race"

I looked to Chara with my eyes opened. She could tell I was about to cry. She could tell I was about to run off. But I had one more thing to say. One more statement to make.

"Someone much more honest could've been your boyfriend." And with that, I ran off. Out our bedroom door, then out the front door. I saw a glimpse of Mom's worried and confused face. I didn't know where I was going, or what I was doing. All I knew was that I was running from my problems.

Chara's POV
I was honestly shocked as well as confused. Someone more honest? What did he mean by that? Has he been lying to me? Did he...? As if reading my mind, Azzy spoke.

"I don't think by 'someone much more honest could've been your boyfriend' means he's been lying to you. Well, not in the way you're thinking of" he said as he attempted to confort me by rubbing my back. I sighed and went to get my coat, "Where are you going?"

"To go find Frisk, where d'ya think?" I asked retorically.

"To buy more chocolate? Since that normally calms you down-"

"Frisk is more important to me than chocolate!" I interrupted him. I stopped as Asriel looked at me with a wide smirk, "D-Don't tell him I said that"

"You are such a tsundere sis" he said as he shook his head.

"Bro, you've been hanging out with Alphys too much." I stated as I got my phone.

"No I haven't! She just talked about anime while she tried to separate me and Flowey using Frisk's determination" Asriel argued.

"Speaking of the little boy he's still out there probably crying his closed eyes out." Flowey said from behind them on the window sill.

"Yeah you better hurry. I'll go tell mom where you're going" Asriel said. I nodded and was about to leave.

"Wait Chara! Take me with you!" Flowey called as he leaned forward before falling over. "I hate my life! D:<"

I snickered and went back to get him. I picked up his pot (with him in it obviously) and then walked out the room. Mom saw me walk out the door of the house and was about to ask when Asriel popped up.

"She's going to go find Frisk" he informed her. I saw her nod before I closed the door.

"Where'd you think he'd be?" Flowey asked. I thought about it for a moment.

"He's out of the house so-'

"No shit Sherlock, he fricken ran out!"

"-SO he's probably near the exit of Mt Ebbot, he loves the sunset and the flowers" I said. Flowey rolled his eyes.

"But it's past sunset"

"Might as well go and check anyway" I shrugged before teleporting there. Flowey screeched.

"Warn me next time you're gonna do that! Holy fuck that was intense!" Flowey complained once we got there.

"Maybe I will, maybe I won't" I grinned. He shot me a (attempted) scary look. I did my scary face back at him and he flinched. I laughed.

☆With Frisk-Frisk's POV☆
I was still running. How have I not bashed into anyone yet?

"Oof" I exclaimed as I fell to the ground. Nevermind.

"What are you doing all the way out here?" I looked up to where the voice came from and saw...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: a cliff haaaaaangeeeeeer just kidding, that's not who Frisk saw. I wrote 700+ words this time. I'm almost done with the other covers for my stories so after I finish those I can just focus on writing.

Goodbye from Mari-chan <:3