What a mess what a mystery we've made of love and other simple things

Chapter 9:

Hayley’s POV:

“This.”

Next thing I knew Taylor was placing a kiss on my lips. At first I didn’t know how to react mainly because I was caught by surprise, but about 2 seconds in, I was kissing back. His hands trailed from my hips caressing my back and all the way to my hair pulling me further in as if that was possible as my hands balled up the collar of his shirt.

Eventually we had to break for air.

We separated panting with our foreheads still touching.

“Wow.” I said a little out of breath.

He smiled at me and pecked me on the lips again.

Suddenly he pulled away from me, “I’m sorry Hayley, I shouldn’t have kissed you.”

“Tay…”

But before I could answer he made his way past me and out the bus.

I stood there with confusion, anger, happiness, lust, and regret all filling my body.

“What the fuck?” I questioned out loud.

I didn’t know what to do with myself at this point. I paced around the room thinking of what could have gone wrong when it all felt so right. I licked my lips multiple times and I could still taste him which only brought more confusion to me.

I couldn’t bare it anymore and walked out the bus. I felt my brain clouded. I began to walk around the bus area without any direction or destination in mind. I waved to a few people that kept calling my name and forced a smile their way. I walked for about an hour trying to get my mind off the whole situation. But I knew that subconsciously I was looking for Taylor. I needed to clear up the mess I had created with me confessing my feelings for him.

I gave up my search and eventually made my way back to the bus dragging my feet and hanging my head low.

When I finally reached the door to the bus I could hear noises coming from inside. Preparing myself to pretend that everything was alright, I took a step back, took a deep breath, opened the door, and climbed the steps inside.

“You’re here.” I said as I saw Taylor leaning on the counter looking at nothing in particular.

He looked over at me but I couldn’t read his facial expression.

“Can we talk?”

I nodded following him to the couch.

“I’m sorry...”

“Stop.” I cut him off, “forget forgiveness, forget everything, forget the expectations, just please don’t tell me that it was wrong, because let’s be honest it wasn’t.”

“I’m not sorry then,” he said flashing me a smile.

“Then, why did you leave?” He sighed.

“I don’t want to hurt you Hayles, you’re my best friend and i don’t want to risk our friendship.”

“I understand.”

I stood up and was making my way to the backroom when suddenly I felt two arms on my waist turning me around to face Taylor.

“What are you doing?”

“Let’s not think about it too much, let’s just let it happen.” He said as I gave a quick nod.

The next thing was a blur, I was kissing Taylor as we made our way to the backroom. My back hit the door and I leapt wrapping both my legs and arms around him. I tugged on his lips letting him know that I wanted more.