Such Fragile broken things

Chapter 6

Hayley’s POV:

I was getting out the shower when I heard a knock on my front door. I quickly put on my underclothing and tide up my bath robe. I ran downstairs and opened the door a bit to take a peak at who it might be.

“Hey Tay,” I said as I fully opened the door. He was looking down at his feet with his hands in his pockets. He looked up at me and what I saw sent shivers down my spine.

“Hey” he said as I moved out the door letting him in. He looked like a sad lost boy. His eyes were puffy, his nose was red, and his sight was blank.

“Sorry, wasn’t really expecting company. I’m ganna go change really quick. Please make yourself at home.” He nodded as I ran up the stairs and into my bedroom and he sat on the couch.

I pulled on a Paramore tee and some overalls. Not bothering to dry my hair, I’ll just let it air dry. I put on some socks and almost fell down the stairs at the rate I was going. I knew something was off and I didn’t want to leave Taylor alone for too long.

I collected myself a bit. Took a deep breath and made my way to sit on the couch next to him. Preparing myself for what I was to hear. I was slightly scared. What if he found out I liked him and he was here to tell me otherwise. Stop Hayley, focus on Taylor.

“T, whats wrong?”

He sighed saying nothing instead he laid his head on my lap looking up at the ceiling. I was concerned he has never looked this sad, its like he was depressed. The last time I saw him this upset was when Zac left. He was sad for days, nobody could get him out of his funk. The Taylor that was always laughing and joking was long gone and that made me even sadder.

I sighed calling out his name once more. He looked over at me as I gave him a small smile. He didn’t return it instead he just looked back up at the ceiling with the same lost look in his eyes.

I wasn’t sure what else to do. All I could think of doing was to playing with the curls that were slowly beginning to form. I slowly took off his beanie and began doing so.

At this point he looked up at me and gave me a small smile. I looked into his eyes trying to figure out what was running through his head. They expressed pain basically screaming to me that they have cried.

“She left me Hayley.” He said suddenly as he figured out what I was doing. My mind went blank.

 He looked back up towards the ceiling as he swallowed back his tears. I wasn’t sure what to do or say to make him feel any better. I’ve been there and he was my rock and now that his heart is shattered into a million pieces I couldn’t find the right words to say.

“Oh Taylor.” I said running my fingers through his hair one more time.

He slowly sat up pulling his beanie back on.

 “Are you ok?”

“NO, I’m not ok, she just left me. All she said was that she didn’t love me anymore.” I could hear the pain his voice which made me start to tear up. I knew I wasn’t able to show him pain. I have to be there for him just like he was for me every single time.

“I’m so sorry Taylor. You don’t deserve that.”

“Who does?” He said letting out a small giggle. I knew he laughed only to keep from crying.

He sighed looking down at his feet. I scooted over a bit so that now our thighs were touching. I looked over at his face which looked so fragile and broken. I reached under his arm and held his hand placing my chin on his shoulder and rubbing his back with the other hand.