0.7

-POV Opal-

Zelda's banging on my bedroom door woke me up, I opened the door and she yanked me into her room.

"Look! Look!" She was frantically pointing at her TV that was on the town news.

"Yellow Hills University football player Asher Cummings was suspended this morning for assaulting a campus café barista. Here is some footage from the café, this may be disturbing to some viewers."

Zelda and I watched as Asher pulled the barista over the counter. I had already seen this. I thought they would cut if off at that but they showed me helping the barista.

"Third-year student, Opal Iver helped first-year barista, Kyler Misteene after the assault. He sustained second-degree burns on his face and arms."

"Girly your on TV!" Zelda said slapping the side of my arm."

"Yeah yeah, you woke me up for that?"

"Yes! Your so lucky to be on tv!"

"Not really. I'm going to go back to sleep."

"There's only and hour until class starts."

"Don't care, I can at least fit in a half hour." I went back to my room for more sleep.

Zelda woke me up and dragged me out of bed.

"You're going to be late if you don't kick your butt into gear." She said still trying to drag me out of bed. My ears perked up like a dog and I panicked. I flung out of bed and started getting ready. I heard Zelda laughing in my doorway and I looked over at her while pulling my arms through a shirt.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"You're not going to be late, you only slept for like ten minutes." She continued to laugh at me.

I slouched to the floor and pouted. She left the room and left me to my own devices. I finished getting ready and left. I didn't need to drive Zelda today because her class starts later.

Biology, it covers bio chemistry and all the harder things in biology. This class was in the same building as my AP psychology class but started sooner.

As I walked into the building I saw a familiar face talking to the professor. I quickly turned and made my way to a lower seat and ducked down. He saw me anyway.

Once he was done talking he made his way to me, "Oh lookie here another class we have together," he beamed a smile. I scoffed at him and didn't reply.

"So are you not gonna talk to me?" I still didn't reply.

He didn't try again within that class, so I actually got work done and written into my computer.

Afterward, I was in the hallway waiting for Zelda because we're going out to buy the new couch we so desperately need. She sent me a text saying she was outside waiting so I started to leave.

Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder, I turned and found Samm.

"You can't just keep ignoring me you know," he said as I turned around and continued walking, ignoring him.

Quickly he caught up to me and grabbed my shoulder again turning me around, he looked at me with his deep blue eyes, "I will get you, no matter what."

I scoffed and shook his hand off my shoulder and kept walking.

He ran up behind me once again and whispered to me, "I'll blab about what happened in the locker room."

I stopped and internally started to panic.

"I know you don't want me too, so I wanna make a deal."

"What kinda of deal?" I said quietly.

"if you let me take you out on a date on Friday and you enjoy it we have to go on another one." He was now in front of me grinning.

"And what if I don't enjoy myself?"

"Then I'll leave you alone."

"Deal," I said before I knew it. He stuck out his hand for a hand shake, I took his hand in mine. It was surprisingly soft.

Before I could process what had just happened he was skipping out the door like a kid in a candy store.

I sighed and made my way out the door, Zelda was standing in the back of my truck. She jumped out and said, "is it just me or did I just watch Samm run out of the building like he just won the lottery?"

"I didn't think he was that excited about it." I threw my keys up to her and she caught them.

We both swung into the truck, "what did you do?"

"I agreed to go on a stupid date with him so he'd leave me alone, it's not a big deal," the truck came to a halt as we backed out of the parking spot.

"YOU GOT A DATE WITH SAMM!" She screamed and shrieked.

"Calm down, remember it's just so he'll leave me alone! You didn't have to yell; now can we please just go to the furniture store so I can buy us a new couch."

"Sure but I'm not going to shut up about this."

"Fine."

We drove to the nearest furniture store and I had Zelda pick out the couch. I may not have like it but it's what she chose. A purple leather couch to match her mosaic on the wall. It was a little over my budget but I was gonna be better than the brown one.

We strapped the new one into the back of my truck and took it home. We acquired the help of some of the dorm mates to carry it up and the old one down. The purple one fits well with the room.

Zelda patted her hands on her pants, "glad that's done and over with, I'm exhausted."

"You didn't do anything," I said back to her.

"Well, I chose the couch that's gotta count for something."

"It doesn't, now if you don't mind I'm going to go read."

I stared to walk away then Zelda asked, "Are you gonna go text Samm?" I could tell she was teasing me.

"I don't even have his number."

"Then I'll go get you it, he should be at football practice, I'm taking the truck." I heard the door slam shut.

I didn't even protest, I just went to my room and read.