1.6

-POV Opal-

I woke up, still curled up next to Samm. I looked up at him, he looked right back down at me.

"You didn't sleep?" I asked.

"I didn't feel the need too," he smiled.

"So," I paused, I know what I want. I want Samm, "what does this mean?"

"What do you want it to mean?" He asked back.

I sat up, "well it can mean we're together now."

"I gladly accept that."

I smiled, "then that's that."

Sure it was an awkward conversation, but I've realized just how much I wanted it. Samm is just so unpredictable, and sweet, and just outright cute. I'm not sure why it took me so long to realize how I really felt.

We left the beach house, and much as I love the beach, I'd prefer to just go back to Samm's house.

-0-

It's been two months, Samm and I are as happy as can be. We've both stopped going to classes, and Samm was kicked off the football team for not showing up for practices. For Christmas, we celebrated with Zelda and her parents. Zelda's continued doing her classes and she been taking them more seriously.

I haven't yet told my dad about Samm, or about quitting classes. He probably won't be too happy when he finds out. I haven't met Samm's parents, and obviously, he hasn't met my dad.

I've kept Samm and I's relationship quite hidden, other than Zelda. When I told Zelda, she just about killed herself. She jumped, screamed, and just about everything else.

They still haven't figured out who started the fire that burned down the dorm. They took in Asher Cummings but he's pleaded not guilty. If you want my honest opinion, I don't think he started it.

Samm and I have been spending most nights cuddling on the couch watching Stephen King movies. Tonight was Carrie one of my absolute favorite Stephen King books.

"The adaption from book to movie is terrible in all honesty," I said standing up.

Samm grabbed my hand lightly, "where are you going?"

"I'm going to go make more popcorn, we don't have to be cuddling all the time."

"But you were warm," Samm is like a little boy in the store with his mom. If he loses her he freaks out. I do admit that it's amazing to sit and cuddle, but sometimes I need a little separation. There's nothing wrong with being a little clingy, but we really haven't left Samm's house since New Years.

I popped another bag of popcorn and went back to Samm. "Welcome back beautiful," he said as I sat back down. I scoffed and smiled.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy, actually, happier than I really ever have been, but I want to get out of the house.

The movie ended and I turned to Samm, "let's go out, I'm sick of sitting in here and having movie nights. Let's go have some fun."

"Well, what do you want to do?"  He asked.

I thought for a long minute, then it hit me, "I want to go to a club, and not some lame club," I stopped to think again, "I want to get wasted and have the time of my life dancing and, and doing whatever it is you do at a club." I was holding his arm out of excitement.

"You've never been to a club have you?" He asked dully.

"Nope! But experiencing it with you would be great, and it's only nine! We can go out right now!"

Samm sighed, "have you ever drank?"

"Nope!" I could tell I was smiling like a dumb ass, but I really wanted to go to a club.

"Alight," Samm stood up, "go get dressed and let's go."

"Really?" My eyes were lit up.

"Really."

I jumped up off the couch and into my room. I frantically dug through my drawers to find comfortable clothes. I settled on a short skirt and a classic top. I hopped back into the living room, "I'm ready!"

-POV Samm-

I looked at Opal, this girl wasn't fit to go to a club, anyone would try to get with her. Hm, I'm gonna have to keep my guard up.

She popped out of her room, "I'm ready!" She exclaimed. I smiled at her.

"Let's go then."

We got in the car and I sighed, and not a sigh of stress or sadness, more of a 'what am I getting myself into' sigh. Opal has never drank before, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I don't drink at all, plus she needs a designated driver.

She said she didn't want to go to 'some lame club' but I honestly don't know what a lame club is, I doubt she would know either.

I drove to the closest club to my house. There was a line leading out the door where loud music pumped out. As soon as I parked, I laid some ground rules to Opal, "no one touches you, but me. You stay at my side, and just try not to actually get wasted."

"Deal, but I can't promise the last one." We got out of the car and got in line. A twenty-minute wait later we finally were let in. The overwhelming scent of alcohol and sweat hit me hard. Opal went straight to the bar.

She sat down on one of the stools and sat next to her.

"What will it be?" A very skinny female bartender asked Opal. She looked at the little menu they had, and she finally settled on a shot of vodka. The bartender then turned to me and asked what I wanted, I shooed her off.

Three shots of vodka later Opal jumped up off of her stool and onto the dance floor full of people. She could barely walk, how would she dance. I stayed in front of her watching her back.

She danced will all the might she had, she bumped into people, fell down a few times, and burped. Who knew four shots of vodka would do this to a girl.

Another girl bumped into me causing me to turn and look away from Opal. When I turned back around Opal was gone.

I looked at the exit and another guy had her by the hand as she stumbled behind him. I felt my body tense with anger.

I pushed my way though the drunk dancing people and went straight out the door. They turned around the building and down into the alley.

The anger inside me flared and I ran. I turned the corner, the man had Opal against the brick building. Before he could lay another finger on her I had him pinned the ground.

"What the fuck!" The guy yelled.

I looked him dead in the eyes, "you will not lay any of your disgusting fingers on my girl. And in case you think you can beat me in a fight, then get your ass up and fight me. I will not hesitate to break all the bones in your body." My voice was as stern as I could make it.

"I can't get up when you're holding me down," the man said with pleading eyes.

"If you want to fight, you can find a way to get up."

"Pl- please just let me up, I won't mess with your girl again." The man was scared, good. I got off of him and he scurried off.

My body relaxed and I turned to Opal who was now out cold laying on the wet concrete. I picked her up and carried her over my shoulder.

I knew it was a bad idea for her to go to a club, but she was so excited I wasn't going to turn her down. She woke up when I pulled into the driveway. We got into the house and she ran to the bathroom. Then I heard her throw up. I walked into the bathroom and took her hair into my hands and held it all back.

She got rid of all of her food and passed out once more. I wiped her mouth off and carried her to my room. I laid her down on my side of the bed and I laid down on the other side. Although we've been together for over two months we hadn't slept in the same bed. But tonight I made and exception.