1.4

-POV Samm-

I turned on the tv, not long after did I heard the shower turn on.

This motel had terrible channels, some about jewelry, and some about other products. Basically, all it had was paid programming.

But Opal. She was different. Different in a good way. Always happy, always smiling, just always happy I guess. How much longer will I be able to hide my feelings for her?

"Hey," her head peeked out from behind the bathroom door. I must have been too deep in thought because I didn't hear the shower turn off, "can you check the closet for towels? There's none in here."

"Sure." I got up and pulled open the jammed closet door. On the top shelf were musty smelling towels. I grabbed one and handed it to her.

"Thanks," she smiled and disappeared behind the bathroom door once again. A few minutes later she came back out wearing the same clothing as when she went in, her abundance of hair rolled in the towel at the top of her head.

"Sigh, there's still some sand in my bra," she dropped herself down on the bed.

"Was the bra part necessary?" I asked.

"It was very necessary," she laughed her cute laugh, "want a blanket, there's like five on this bed."

"I'll be fine," I gave her a reassuring smile. After she settled down in the bed I turned off the tv and settled down myself.

Moments later the soft purr of her breathing filled the room. She was asleep, and I followed right after.

-0-

I woke up with the sun coming through the blinds and in my eyes. I sat up from the couch and looked at my phone, about five AM. She wouldn't be waking up for a while if I've learned anything.

I slipped out of the motel room and outside. Mine as well go and get her and I breakfast. While driving last night we passed a bed and breakfast.

I drove down to it, when I entered I was welcomed by the smell of burgers. I walked up to one of the waitresses and asked if they do to go, they do.

I was handed a menu and told to place my order at the bar. Hmm, what would Opal like, she really likes bacon, maybe I should become bacon. I laughed at my own stupid thoughts.

It took about fifteen minutes to get the food, pretty fast service. I settled on getting Opal an omelet, I may have tipped the waitress to add extra bacon. I ordered the same thing.

Two styrofoam boxes came back with an overwhelming smell of bacon. They both squeaked together. I paid and went back to the motel.

I opened the door to the motel, Opal was still asleep, good. It was now about six thirty, she should be waking up soon.

Suddenly out of the middle of nowhere she sat up on the bed, "do I smell bacon?"

I laughed, "yeah, you do. Now come here and eat breakfast."

She flew out of the bed and grabbed one of the boxes, the whole top of the omelet was covered in crispy strips of bacon. I opened mine and it was the same, "want some more bacon?" I asked her.

Her eyes lit up and she turned her box to me, I placed all but three pieces into her box.

Can a person overdose on bacon? We ate together in silence.

We finished soon after, Opal left small bits of bacon that she couldn't eat.

-0-

Eventually we finished eating and left, we're already missing classes right now but I don't think Opal cares at this point.

We were almost back into town when it dawned on me, I no longer have an excuse to take her on another date. I'll find another way.

She asked me to drop her off at Zelda's because she wasn't answering her phone, so that's what I did.

"I'll have Zelda drive me back to your place," she said closing the car door. I watched her as she was let into Zelda's house.

I drove back to my house, it smelled musty, the maid must not have came last night. I looked at Opal's bedroom door, I told her not to go into my room but she never told me I couldn't go in hers.

I walked up to her door, I hesitated to open it, but I wanted to know what she did to the room. I opened the door and was hit hard with the scent of coconut. The bed now had white sheets, and the walls had shelves everywhere containing her books. I didn't go fully into the room but it still made me feel guilty.

I closed the door and moved on to my room. It was noon, and the light from outside filled my room. Everything was in place, bed was made and all the pictures lining the walls were perfectly straight. I'm a clean freak.

Opal's room was spotless, but that's because she lets the maid in, and she was gone for a week staying with Zelda.

Zelda, it never dawned on me that Zelda may be in class, it is Wednesday. I'm sure Opals fine with Zelda's parents.

It was an hour later when I got a text from Zelda, weird she's never texted me.

Is Opal at your place? I read.

I replied with a stern, 'no.'

She's not here either! My parents said she came in and said hi then left. She isn't replying to any of my messages, is her truck there?

I looked out the front door, sure enough her truck wasn't there. How'd she walk all the way here and leave without me hearing.

I replied to Zelda with another no, and texted Opal myself, she didn't reply. I tried to call but it went to message. I left a nice message asking where she was and how Zelda and I were worried. I'm sure Zelda has left her tons of messages by now.

Oh, Opal, where did you go?