0.8

-POV Opal-

Zelda came bursting into my room waving a little price of paper, "here you go girly, a hot jocks phone number just for you!" She bent over and handed it to me. I closed my book and slouched further down into my beanbag chair.

"Don't be so grouchy! You got a date with Samm, you should be damn happy!" She dropped herself down on the floor next to me.

"I'm not happy because I don't like him, I told you once, I only agreed so that he'd leave me alone after." She poked the beanbag.

She pouted, "but he's cute, really cute! Say, if the date goes well and you have to go on another date with him because of the deal, then you're taking me out to eat because I was right!"

"You realize that made little sense to me, right?"

"If you end up having to go on your second date with him then you're taking me out to eat wherever I want."

"Fine," I sighed.

"Yay! Don't forget to text him!" She skipped out of my room.

I didn't text him.

-0-

The rest of the week went but fast. Samm wouldn't leave me alone in classes, he kept bothering me and writing notes to me asking where we should go on our date. Many notes asked about a pizza parlor, club, arcade, the list went on. I never gave him a solid answer so I have no clue what he has planed.

After my last class on Friday he said he'd gladly pick me up. He also told me to dress comfortable, so I put on black sweat pants and a gray baggy sweater. It was comfortable to me, and if he didn't like it than that's his issue.

I walked out of my last class and there he was, standing at the entrance of the building, he was dressed just as crappy as me. There goes that plan.

He held out his hand to me and said, "may I take your hand?"

"No." He frowned to my response. I followed him to his car, he had one of the old-fashioned convertibles, it was red.

"So what do you have planned for us?" I ask as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"You'll see." He replied.

Every time I tried to talk to him he shushed me, I guess it does feel bad to be ignored. We ended up driving until it was dark, the hood of the car was down and it was getting colder. I started to complain, all he did was reach into the back and pull out a blue blanket.

"Don't let it fly off, were almost there." He said handing me the blanket.

"Where are we going? We've been driving forever."

"You'll see."

"I'm not enjoying this date just so you know."

"You will."

I sighed and slouched down in the seat and covered my body with the blanket. It smelled like a soft cologne.

I would have fallen fully asleep if the car hadn't started moving slower. I sat up and pulled the blanket down, that's when I smelled the ocean and realized that we were driving on sand.

Samm looked over at me and said, "have you ever been the the beach?"

"A few times when I was younger but not anytime recently."

"Well you're gonna have a great time."

"How do you know?" The car fully stopped and he got out. "Stay in the car for a second," he said before walking off into the darkness. I watched the direction that he walked to, after a solid five minutes the orange of a fire showed a little off in the distance.