2.8 (AE 2)

Alternate ending-2

-POV Samm-

"No, step your foot back then forward!"

I fumbled and stepped on Annie's foot. She mumbled a cuss word and sighed.

"Why didn't you learn this when mother took you to classes?"

"I was ten, I thought dancing was stupid, don't blame ten year old mentality."

Annie sighed once more, "at this rate, you may have to give up. Nothing your doing is what I'm telling you. Left foot forward then back, parallel to your right foot. Again!"

She snapped and the driver turned the music back on, "one two three. One two three. One two three," she repeated.

We were at the beach house, we pushed all the furniture in the living room over and set up a stereo. Annie's personal driver manning the music.

"We have been at this for six hours! Your not going to get this down!" She yelled at me after I fumbled once more.

I smiled, "I'll get it done because why I'm doing this is more important than anything."

"Must be for a girl." She looked at her nails.

I looked at her, "how-?"

"You have that look on your face."

"What look?"

"The one that you always had when you were young, every time mother gave you a 'special' chore, you did it because it had purpose to you. This girl must have purpose to you."

I shook my head, "why am I related to an evil genius that can remember everything?"

"Why am I related to a dipshit?" She said back.

We laughed together, but that was short lived. Annie soon snapped her fingers again starting the music back up.

-0-

A harsh twelve hours total, later, I finally had the basics of the waltz down.

Annie took a large drink from her water bottle, "so, how have you been?"

"Don't you think you could have asked that when we first saw each other?"

"I wanted to get this waltz shit done so we wouldn't get side tracked, now, how have you been?" She sat on the ground and started doing stretches.

"Fine."

"Nope, more elaboration needed, who's the girl? How's college? That sort of stuff."

I scratched the back of my head, "about college..."

"Dropped out? Yeah. That's what I wanted to do, but you know, I actually like our parents, so I finished to please them. Now onto the girl, I need name, and personality, and a photo."

I sighed, "her name is Opal Iver-" I paused, "I'm not sure how to describe her personality.. She's just really.." I stopped.

"Unique?" Annie said.

"Yeah. I guess you can say that."

Annie stood up, "give me a photo."

I scrolled through my phone and found a photo of Opal and I and handed her my phone.

"Holy shit, she has white hair?"

"Yeah, she's beautiful, huh?"

Annie bit her lip, "you could have done better."

"Wow, thanks for the support. Its not your opinion that matters to me anyway."

"You asked."

"True."

-0-

-POV Opal-

"So what am I doing here? What was so important?" I asked Zelda as we sat down at a booth.

"Exciting news! I've gotten us tickets to the masquerade ball at the Jefferson's ballroom!"

I smiled, "I've already got tickets."

"You do?" Her expression of excitement changed to a bitter disappointment.

"One of my students is the Jefferson's niece. She just gave me the tickets," I reached into my bag and pulled out the two tickets Kylee gave me.

Zelda sighed, "Thank god you have that extra ticket. The truth was I only had one, we can now give the third one too-" she stopped.

"Give it to who?" I asked.

"Can I just have the ticket? I want to invite one of my friends."

"As long as it's not Alex, Mags, Kc, or Rhachel, it'll be fine with me." I handed her my extra ticket.

"Thank you Opal!"

"No problem, but there's a problem." I said.

"And what would that be?"

"I don't have a mask to wear."

"Don't worry, I've got you covered. It's already made. It's at my house. I'l bring it to you the night of the ball."

"Thanks Zed, I honestly don't know what I would do without you."

"Don't thank me yet, do you have a dress?"

I tapped my chin, "I have an old one-"

"No can do girly, you need a new one, I'll buy you a new one."

"Zed, you don't need to do that."

"Shut up, I do. How about we go now," she jumped out of the booth and dug through her bag. "On me currently have five thousand."

My jaw dropped, "when did you get all that money?"

"College savings. I need a dress too so we'll split it. There's a place down on 22nd street that has nice dresses for a lower price."

Zelda and I walked to the dress shop. A sign hung above the door, 'Nancy's Fancies.'

We walked in and I was amazed. All different colours of dresses hung on different racks all over the shop.

A women who was fairly young walked up to us, "Customers!"

Zelda looked at the lady, "We need dresses," she pointed to me, "something white and tight fitting for her, and for me something black and loose."

I wasn't going to say anything to Zelda about her choosing my dress for me, It never helps to argue with her.

The woman's face lit up, "I'm on it." She flew through a red silk covered doorway and disappeared. A few minutes later she came flying back out with black and white dresses piled high on her arms. "Alright girls, you've come the the right place," she placed the dresses on to a table by the dressing rooms. "You two can share a dressing room if you'd like to help one another. Whistle if you need me." She rushed back to the counter.

Zelda turned to me, "You're first." She grabbed the first white dress on the table and shoved me into the dressing room. She closed the door and looked at me, "Well?"

"What?" I asked.

"Take off your shirt!"

"Oh."

Zelda and I went through more than twenty dresses until I had found the one that I wanted. It was a basic short sleeveless white. It fit along my body exposing all the small curves on my body. I naturally wouldn't like a dress like this, but this one was beautiful.

It only took three dresses until Zelda found the one she wanted. A black long dress that furled out like a ball gown. It was also sleeveless, but absolutely beautiful. Black rhinestones lined the curve of her breasts.

I had honestly never seen her so happy. I wonder what's going through her head.

-0-

-POV Zelda-

I'm getting Opal and Samm back together!