CHAPTER 2

"Hey Mila, Simon in Modern Luxury called if you're available this Friday? He wants you to take photos on this exclusive party of THE JAUREGUI on Sunday. They're from Miami, you know them right?" Dinah is my agent for about 3 years now since I left NYMag. She's been my best friend than as an agent to me. After graduating in NYFA, my professor endorsed me in NYMag which becomes my stepping stone. After 2 years I decided to quit and be a freelance photographer. You may ask why? Well, simply because I didn't like to be controlled anymore. It is always nice to be free and do your work passionately without anyone telling you boundaries of your work.

"Modern Luxury? In Miami? And yes I know The Jauregui's but not know 'know' them kind of thing. I mean everybody in Miami must know that family. But why are we going on Friday if the party will be on Sunday?" I asked Dinah curiously, I haven't been in Miami for years. I miss my baby sister Sofia who's definitely not a baby anymore. Sofia and I were very close even we have 10 years age gap. Since I move to New York for college, we never lose contact with my family but being away from home misses my opportunity to look after her as she grows older.

"Yup, it'll be held in Miami. Simon wants you to take photo of The Jauregui's an exclusive photo of each members of the family to be put in the magazine." Dinah elaborated the job we're going to take. "So, are you in? It'll be good for you. At the same time you'll have an opportunity to visit your parents and Sofia. I knew you miss them Chancho."

"Yeah I'll take the job. You're right, I miss them. It's been a while. I'll call Sofia so she can pick us up in the airport. We're taking plane right?" She nodded and I smiled. I dialed Sofia's number excitedly, she answered on the second ring "Hey Sof, are you busy on Friday?"

"Mila! Hmmm, I guest not, why?"

"Uhm, I might need you to pick me and DJ up in the airport? If only you don't have any plans."

"Oh my God! You're coming home?!" she squealed on the phone.

"Yep. But don't tell mami and papi yet I want to surprise them."

"Oh my God! I'm excited! What time will you arrive?"

"Hey DJ, what time will we arrive in Miami?" I asked Dinah who's been smiling through her phone. "DJ!" I called again. She looked at me like an idiot holding her grin, I raised my eye brows curious who's she been texting with.

"What did you say Walz?"

"I said do you know what time we will arrive in Miami on Friday?"

"Oh! Around 7am." She said then looked back to her phone.

"Hey Sof, Dinah says around 7 morning."

"What! That early?! Mila, you know I'm still snoring that time. But since I missed you I'll make an exemption to this."

I laugh at my sister and know how to make it up to her, "don't worry baby girl I have plenty of gifts for you. You won't regret picking me up too early in the morning."

"You're the best sissy."

"Yeah yeah of course I'm the best, as if I have a choice from you bratty!" She just laughs and we said our goodbyes. "DJ, can you call Ally and inform her about our new project? We also need her there." I turned my attention to Dinah who's still busy smiling on her phone. "Hey D! Who's that huh?!" I jumped besides her trying to sneak on her texts.

"Hmmm No one! Go away Chancho!" she exclaimed pushing my face away from her phone. I stand up acting walking away but when she looked back on her phone, I walked behind her and grab her phone running to the kitchen.

"MILA! Give it back!" she squealed running after me.

"Oh! Who's Normani Cheche?" I asked her as she grabs my shirt and reach her phone from my hand. "details D!"

"There are no details to tell Mila, we're just texting." She walks back to the living room and sits to the couch holding her phone.

"Yeah right! Text my ass! You've been smiling and blushing like idiot through your phone." I smirked and she looked down shyly. "Haha! my Dmac is crushing on someone! C'mon D spill." Her cheeks turns as red as tomato.

"Okay okay you got me. Well, remember that time we took that music video project with your bae Ariana?" I just nodded and wait for her to continue. "Well, Normani is her choreographer that time. We went to a date yesterday and she's just amazing Wals," She smiled while talking about this Normani girl. I can't help myself but be happy for my best friend.

"I guess it's not just a crush now huh? Well, I'm happy for you D, and if you really like this girl then go for it. But I have to meet this "Normani girl" before you ask her to be your girlfriend or something!" I smirked teasing her even more. She hit my arm lightly and we both laugh. We spend the rest of the night talking about Normani and their date.

******************

Caminah friendship sailing... Glimpse of Norminah for the start! What yah think?! Let me know...