CHAPTER 14

*****
      =>Triggered photo<=

----> sorry guys I'm just pissing you off! Have fun 😝

Lauren's POV

Last night's celebration was eventful; the announcement of my new position in the company and my engagement was a success especially after Camila and I talked in my office. I know I can make her say yes to this arranged marriage. But even though my father had known her family for a period of time I still have to do a little digging myself.

Today is my first day to work as the official CEO of the company. I stepped out of the car looking up to see the whole building from the ground. This is it! I inhaled deep air and let out the air from my lungs, I motioned myself towards the main entrance of the building. I was greeted by few people who had known me for years since I am not really new to them it's my title that were only change.

I exited the elevator that directs to my new office where my secretary greeted me with a warm smile "Good morning Ms. Jauregui, welcome to your new office." We both entered into my office and place my bag on the desk, she followed closing the door behind us, picking up my bag and transferred it to the small counter behind my executive chair.

"Why weren't you in the party last night?" I ask her positioning myself on my chair.

"Why haven't you told me you were engaged?" she answered sarcastically looking at me straight to my eyes.

"Lucy, you know we haven't talked since I came back from Chicago. It happened so fast, I didn't even know it myself." Lucy had been my secretary whom my father assigned to me whenever I am in Miami. Lucy and I developed more than just simple employer/employee relationship. She became my dirty little secret my family and friends didn't know about.

"I know we've been dating for a while now Lauren and I've accepted before that you keep me in secret because you were afraid that your mom won't accept us because of the fact that we're both woman! But now you're engage in a fucking woman!" she exclaimed knowing what she wants to point out.

"What do you suggest I should do Luc? Disagree on marrying her after my dad surprisingly announced our engagement just last night in front of our families and investors? Call off the marriage and embarrass my dad by disobeying him? I am the heir of the Jauregui and it is my fucking responsibility to protect this company by all means and that includes marrying that woman!" I said with a firm voice coming out of my mouth. She stood quiet knowing what I said was true.

"You know I don't need this kind of conversation on my first day here, can you just leave me my schedule? I'll call for you if I need anything." I said while checking my emails, she handed me the folder she's holding and leaves the office silently.

The advantage of marrying Camila took over me when my dad proposed the idea not thinking about my current relationship with Lucy. If Camila agrees to marry me I would have to fire Lucy but how can I do that if she is one of the company's asset. She knew everything about this company and she knows how my mind works in term of business, without her I don't think I'll be where I am now. But either way, Camila had agreed that our marriage is totally strictly business agreement. It is part of her condition that none of us should be meddling our personal lives and Lucy is part of my personal issue so it shouldn't be a problem on her.

This is giving me headache my thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating. I look at the caller ID and thankful to this person on calling "Hello, Normani?" I answered.

"Hey Girl! I'm in Miami and I want to have lunch with you. I won't accept no as an answer since you did not tell me you were engage!" she squealed in excitement.