CHAPTER 19

Lauren's POV

After Camila enters the elevator, I was left standing in shock. I snapped it out of my head as I saw Lucy's face with rage. I went in my office before she could say a word, she followed me immediately.

"What was that Lauren? You said you haven't known each other before this weekend, that doesn't seem like it!" Lucy blurted out angrily following me back to my table. "What is she even doing here?"

"She was here to discuss business and yes we didn't know each other before the event last weekend. Did I satisfy your question?" I answered her irritatingly.

"No Lauren! Because she kissed you right through my FACE!"

"You saw that she caught me off guard! I didn't know she would kiss me like that!"

"Yeah you might be right, she caught you off guard but you fucking kissed her back!"

"No! I didn't! I was stunned at the moment but when I was about to pull back she already did. What am I suppose to do slap her and say 'no Camila! cause my secretary would get mad!'" I said throwing my hands in the air in aggravation. I sat back in my chair and put my index finger in my temple. I really don't have to explain her everything.

"Yeah you were right. I'm just your secretary who you fuck randomly!" she then turns her back and exits my office.

I sigh to myself and thought back of what I have said. "DAMNIT!" I laid the back of my head in the chair and rub my temple. Did I really kiss Camila back? I was caught off guard but that kiss was different from last night. I didn't realize but I found fingers tracing my lip, maybe I did kissed her back, maybe I've actually enjoyed the kiss she left me a while ago. The pressure of the kiss wasn't the same as last night but the taste of her lips was the same, sweet strawberry. The electricity that ignites my blood rushed through my veins that stopped my brain from working for seconds.

I shook my head in disagreement. I shouldn't have liked that kiss especially in front of Lucy. What have I gotten myself into? Now that I will marry Camila, it won't be the last time she'll kiss me in front of everybody else. Being my wife would definitely give her the right to do it. Lucy and I were never exclusive I made sure of that even before she knew about the engagement.

But why did Camila even kissed me? Does she like me or she just did that to tease me. I know the exchanged flirting from previous days doesn't mean anything to both of us as I know. I think flirting is a natural thing for Camila as what Keana and Normani have told me. It's just her thing so there's no way she likes me seriously.

However, maybe the idea of Camila living in New York would be good for both of us. It is favourable if she'll put up her production company in New York rather than in Miami since all the potential clients and all her connections were there. She is well known in there so it wouldn't be that hard for a start.

As for my company, New York was my best branch. It was where I started my career as branch manager. J.I New York was about to close when I took over years ago but I manage to put it back together and now is known for best architectural services. I have the finest architectures in my team and it excels among all branches. I think it would be suitable for me to work where I started.

Camila was right it won't be hard for me to transfer my meetings and necessary documents in New York. I am the CEO now I can do whatever I have to do on this company. And she was also right about convincing dad won't be hard since I know he do trust me fully. I shook my head and smiled at the thought that I had agreed to everything she had proposed to me which makes it too easy for her. Maybe something in her makes me do things I don't usually do. I wasn't supposed to be thrilled but it actually felt right.