CHAPTER 17

******

Taking control of this kind of moment

I'm locked and loaded
Completely focused, my mind is open

All that you got, skin to skin, oh my God

Don't ya stop ******

Lauren's POV

Keana's idea on setting us up on this double date isn't that bad so far. I didn't know Normani's date is Dinah which I had met over the weekend but I'm actually enjoying myself, having no dull moment from Dinah and Camila. I guess Normani is also having a good time teasing me and Camila. I find it hilarious as Dinah keeps embarrassing her friend in front of her future wife.

Having a light conversation with them keeps the night alive, and on my surprise I find Camila's spontaneous bickering on me interesting. I was astonished earlier when Normani told me which restaurant we were going. I know this restaurant is famous but it's not too fancy as I supposed Normani's date would take us. Nonetheless, this restaurant serves good food as Camila assured us earlier.

All night I notice Camila's constant flirting. It would either be a simple gesture or a flirty comment. As far as the night goes, I think I've seen a glimpse of famous charming Camila. Even it's a bad idea I think my curiosity on her character is increasing. Aside from showing me her flirty side tonight, I know something deep behind those brown orbs hides an interesting mind-set that I want to unravel.

"You know, I'm not that fan of Cuban dishes but this one's are good" Mani said while moaning on her Asopao Criollo de Pollo. She was right though this restaurant serves excellent Cuban dishes.

"I agree with Mani, this restaurant is outstanding. I've been here before but I haven't actually appreciated their courses as much as I am enjoying it now" I said and continued to indulge my meal.

"This is exactly the reason why I trusted you to choose the place for our dates" Dinah nodded pointing to Camila.

"I'm glad you all enjoyed our meal" she gives us her unusual smirk but rather her sweet genuine smile which I find it cute. "So where do you wanna go after we eat?" she asks and waited for us to respond.

"We could go clubbing. I really haven't had an opportunity to go to any club here in Miami since we always go here for a project only. Work comes first according to my boss!" Dinah exclaim like whining to Camila. She just shook her head and laughs at her friend.

"Stop exaggerating things Dinah Jane! Forgive me if I limit your Beyonce moves here in Miami but it wasn't exactly my fault. You're the one who always manages our flight so blame it to yourself. You're lucky tonight, since I'm such a good friend and I would love to take you into the club only if the girls are up to it" she glances at both Mani and I.

"I'm definitely down for it" Normani excitedly agreed to it. I was also confident she'll totally on it since they've mentioned her queen B. I shook my head lightly not believing her childish reaction.

"I think I'll skip tonight ladies, since I have worked to do early tomorrow. Thank you for a wonderful meal though I've enjoyed it."

"You're not coming?" Camila faced my side with furrowed eyebrows.

"Wait up there missy, remember I wasn't able to celebrate yet your engagement. I think it's just fair that we go and celebrate with your fiancée here together with this gorgeous who'll be my date on your wedding" Normani insisted pointing to Dinah.

"Aww Mani, are you pertaining to me as your date on their wedding?" Dinah asks teasing Normani on what she had actually said. I looked back again to my friend which is blushing now.