CHAPTER 10

Lauren's POV

I was exhausted from yesterday's pictorial but today's event will be much more exhausting. I woke with my alarm buzzing non-stop from my side table. I reach to turn it off and throw my legs out of the bed headed towards the bathroom as I do my morning routine.

Today is the day my father would announce his stepping down as the CEO of the Jauregui Industries at the same time announces my name as his replacement. It's a big step for me and I admit though I already know this will happen I am still nervous of this new and bigger responsibility. Even I've been in the company handling different branches but it would still be different from taking over the entire company.

After a long morning bath I went down stairs to see everyone and check on things need for the event this evening. I meet Taylor in the hallways also making her way outside "good morning Tay" I greeted her inserting my arms on her left arm.

"Good morning sissy" she smile and kiss my cheek. My sister is growing up so fast, she's about to graduate from high school and I could say she's ready to step out in the real world. I am so glad her and Chris made it to a real school and enjoy their childhood and teenage life. "I know today's gonna be your big day sis but please don't let this event stress you out in a process. Mom's nagging is enough for this day, don't add your sassiness on everyone's ass" she said and looks at me worriedly.

I laugh at her "hey! I know I'm a control freak sometimes but don't worry Tay I won't add up mom's stress this day. I planned to hide my nervousness inside my pants and let lose for tonight cause I know tomorrow will be the start of new challenge." I am born to do this and now I am ready for this responsibility.

"That's right Lo, I'll help make sure you'll have fun tonight though not too much since mom and dad will be here" she giggle I shook my head on my sister's silliness. We headed outside were we saw dad sitting on the table eating his breakfast while mom was supervising the people setting up the garden where the event will be held later this evening.

"Good morning dad" Taylor said kissing his cheek and I did the same. We sat beside him and grab food on the table.

"Good morning mijas" he said giving us a smile taking his cup of coffee.

"How's mom doing for tonight's event?" I ask him while looking at mom on the stage, my mom look on our side I wave my hand and give her kiss on the air.

"She's been stressing out herself on this event. You know how your mom in-terms of preparing something like this celebration. But she's making this preparation perfectly fitted for the occasion mija." He said smiling at me.

"Yeah! And she's been nagging everyone since last week. She even decides what we're wearing for tonight's event Lo!" Taylor exclaim not liking the idea of mom choosing her dress for the party. "I mean I know this is her party but why she needs to pick up a dress for me? I am more than capable of dressing up myself on my own style." Dad and I just laugh at her reaction.

"I know you have style mija but she just want to make sure you won't wear dress like you wore on Chris' birthday party"

"But that was a different event dad, it was considerable." She whines like a 12 year old kid.

"What was considerable mija?" we heard the voice approaching our table.

"My idea of picking up my own dress for tonight mom!" Taylor said as she rolls her eyes continues stabbing her food. I stand up and give my mom a kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning mom, how's preparation? Is everything set for tonight?" I ask grabbing bread and spreading nutella on top.

"Well everything is set and tonight will be perfect, and the dress would be perfect as well" my mom says looking at Taylor. "Are you ready for tonight mija?" she asks me wearing an excited smile on her face.

"I'm a little bit nervous but I'm ready." I reply with confidence.

"I know you are ready Lauren and I know you're perfect for the job. I trust your ability in handling bigger problems and making favorable decisions for our company. Don't worry baby girl, dad will still be here to guide you" my dad said squeezing my hand lightly showing me his proud smile. I love this man!

I stand up and hug him from the side. "I know dad, I love you."

"I love you too mija, and don't worry Chris is graduating soon from college. As soon as he graduates he'll help you out same as Taylor if she wants to." We look at Taylor if she's interested in working in the company.

"I'd love to but my main priority as of the moment is to be better in softball and get scholarship as a player. You may not like my idea of playing softball as a profession but that's my plan. I'm just hoping you'll support me with that" she said seriously looking straight to my mom.

My mom wants to say something and tries to object but my dad squeeze her hand and speaks first "ofcourse we will support you if that's what you decided to do with your career. You're old enough to make your own decisions in life and if you put passion in your dream then success will follow." I nodded my head in agreement, my dad's words gives Taylor a teary eyes. She might not expect this response from my dad.

On the other hand, I know my mom do not agree on Taylor's plan for her future and will try everything to make Taylor change her mind. But also knowing Taylor, she won't let mom stop her from achieving her dream. Once Taylor made up her mind on something she will make it happen that is why I will give her my 100% support on this. "You'll be a softball superstar Taytay and I'll support you 100%." I said raising my two thumbs up and my widest grin.

"Thanks guys, your support really means a lot. Ijust hope Chris is here for some Jauregui moment. Come on guys let's take aselfie." She stands up and grabs her phone to take a photo of us. We continued our conversation while having our breakfast. This scenario only happens once ina while when everyone is not busy doing their own things.