CHAPTER 12

***So, Laucy kiss picture happened and Lauren just came out last friday which changes the perspective of some people. It made my heart really happy...So as a warning to non Laucy shippers make yourselves ready for a surprise...not on this chapter though 😉😈

*******************

Lauren's POV

The party had started few Presidents', CEO's, Board of directors of different companies and some politicians had already arrived. The night had been occupied by my dad introducing me to each and every guests we invited. A familiar face greeted me from one of the table a gorgeous sophisticated woman whose family is also known in the industry. I walked towards her with a smile and kiss her cheeks "Hello Ms. Issartel, good to see you again."

"Hello to you too new CEO of The Jauregui Industries!" Keana smiles but rolled her eyes and hug me back. "I haven't seen you like since forever Lo. I heard you've been to New York last week and you did not even bother to call me? That's mean Lo!"

"I'm sorry Kea, I've been really busy and just stayed there for 2 days then flew to Chicago the next day. It was really a short notice, but don't worry next time we'll meet up and we'll definitely go out. I've miss you so much." I hugged her back and heard her lightly squealed felt her pulled away.

"Oh my god! What is she doing here?!" I turn my gaze to where she is looking and who is she pertaining to. I saw a familiar figure from two tables across from us snapping photos of the guests.

"Who? Camila?" I ask Keana to make sure if Camila's the one she's talking about.

"yeah her. Did you hire her for this event? How did you know her? " she looks at me with a confusing look but later on turned into a smirk.

"Why are you looking at me like that? But to answer your question yes we hired her, well, technically mom hired her. It's for one of the Modern Luxury magazine she contacted. I've just known her yesterday from the pictorial but her family and my family were close at some point which I didn't know." I glance at her direction once again, this time our eyes meet. I don't know but I guess we have been staring at each other for a while before she winks at me and raise her camera pointing in our direction.

"Don't fall for those brown eyes Lo. I know her game and I know you too." I turn my attention again to my friend as I furrowed my eyebrows on what she had said.

"I don't know what are you're talking about and I won't definitely fall for her Kea. Like you said, you know me. I don't fall for nobody and definitely not to her." I pointed the person she is talking about. Keana and I have been friends since childhood. We've first met on one of my mom's charity event which was organized my Keana's mom. Her mother always brings her in every event and every time my mom involuntarily drags me to those events Keana's the only reason I enjoyed being there.

"She's not just nobody Lo, she has a reputation. That woman is a very prominent photographer in New York that knows how to work with her charm." She said that made me think she had known Camila personally.

"Yeah I know she's famous and all cause if not my mom wouldn't call her at all" I pause looking at her intently "it seems you knew her personally?" I ask her sipping a little wine from the glass I've been holding.

"Not personally but, aside from the fact that we live in the same city and works mostly in the same industry. We have some common friends which she slept with and ditches the next sunrise." I raised my eyebrows at my friend wanting her to continue on what she is saying about this woman.

"And I assume you're one of those common friends?" I took another sip of my wine not realizing I'm gripping my glass lightly at the thought of my friend sleeping with that photographer.

"Hell noh!" She exclaimed leaving my mind with relief "But I can say she has the title of chick magnet since she turns 50% of my straight friends to gay. But who wouldn't, I mean look at her. She's just wearing a semi-casual black jumper and a white turtle neck sleeve but she's still look hot! I'm your friend and I'm just telling you facts just in case you'll decide to bang her."

"I admit she is hot! But you know me Kea, I won't get myself into such deal if I'm not personally in charge with it. If she's into it, always remember two can play the game but there's always someone who controls the card and that would be me" I said with a smirk. "Anyways, how's your parents? I haven't seen your mom in a while now." For a few more minutes Keana and I catch up with our families and personal lives forgetting about business at least for tonight. Not for long our conversation was interrupted by my sister telling me to go upstairs to meet mom in my room.

I walked in to my room I see the red dress laying in my bed. I made a step towards it and hear my mom's voice from behind. "Mija, change in to that quickly cause your dad said he'll make the announcement in a couple of minutes. I'll see down stairs" she motioned closer to me and kiss the tip of my head. "I'm so proud of your Lauren, I love you mija."

"I love you too mom, thank you for trusting me." I smiled at her, she then go outside for me to change.

After changing I made my way back to the party and look for my father. I saw Taylor talking to Sofia with her parents. Looking at them, I wonder where Camila is, why she is not around with them. Isn't she close to her family? My thought was interrupted by a raspy cold voice behind my ear.

"You look really stunning and sexy in this red dress" I turn around and see familiar brown eyes which I observed a little darker.

"You don't look bad yourself Ms. Cabello. What made you change your mind and change your outfit quite similar to mine?" I said not realizing how close our bodies are.

"Actually I didn't plan it, Sofia made me wear this since she knew I did not bring any dress for tonight and my dad kinda ask me to let him introduce her eldest daughter to some of her friends tonight. I don't want to disappoint my dad since this is the first time he actually ask me to do something like this" she explained and before she could continue she was interrupted by a man tapping the mic and tries to get attention from the people. So we turn our eyes to him.

"Hello mic test!" he says tapping the tip of the mic again. "There! Hi, first of I would like to thank everyone who attended on tonight's event. To the shareholders, business partners, friends and families tonight we are not gathered here to celebrate my resignation as the President of the Jauregui Industries but rather I invited you to my humble house to introduce the next President of J.I." he glances at me and smile.

"I did not appoint this person just because we are blood related. I appointed her because I've seen her passion towards this company. Since she was young I have seen her compassion and dedication on her goals and as she starts working in this company she had proven herself enough to handle bigger responsibilities. I am hoping that you, my partners, friends whom I considered family will show her respect, support and love as much as you had shown me." As my father continues to speak I smiled at him and to everyone who turns their gazes to me.

"Your father is so proud of you and everyone attended this party felt it." I turn to my side seeing Camila smiling genuinely at me. I thought it was the sweetest smile I've received from her ever since our encounter.

"Thank you, that's very sweet of you." I reciprocated her gesture and looked at her eyes giving back my genuine appreciation. Our interactions were again interrupted by my father's mention of my name and a clap from the crowd.

*****

Keep reading and look forward for the next chapter if you want some CAMREN sexual tension.... or not! 😂😜
-click the STAR and vote every chapter. 😉