CHAPTER 5

Lauren's POV

After meeting the engineers in California, I went back to the hotel to change some clothes and go to the airport. Since I came here in LA mom won't stop calling reminding me about the photoshoot we need to do for a certain magazine in which the Jauregui family would be feature. Honestly, I don't like this kind of publicity where I could be the center of attraction. I should be used to it since I was young my mom exposed us in social life. If my dad cares about the name of our family, my mom cares about the image of the company. On the other hand, that makes them a pretty good team. When dad handles the operation of the company, mom makes sure to maintain the publicity of The Jauregui Industries.

I was about to enter the airport when my phone vibrated. I look at the caller ID it was my mom again. This would be the 10th time she called since this afternoon "Hello mom?"

"Finally, you picked up my call." I can hear her irritation from her voice.

"Mom, you knew I was on the meeting. I immediately went back to the hotel to change and grab my suitcase after and now I'm on the airport." I answered giving her an explanation why I couldn't answer her call. "I'll be there before you even start the photo shoot."

"I'm just making sure honey you know that this event is for you and your dad. I'm also worried about you I hope that you can at least get some sleep before everything else happens this weekend."

"I know mom, don't worry I still have time to rest for a bit. Is everything arranged for Sunday's event? Did dad make sure to invite the Mendez? They'll be a good potential investor in the future. I hope he did not just exclusively made the invitation for his golf buddies. I know those people were our partners for years but we need to expand so we need to socialize with other business names."

"Yes Lauren, I took care of everything already. I made sure to send the invitation to the list you've given me. You know I handle these things like I used to, everything is settled already all you have to do is be here and accept your new position" my mom said reassuringly.

"Do we really have to do this magazine thing?" I ask, showing no interest in such thing.

"I know you don't like looking your face in front of any magazine mija but you're the new CEO of our company now and you we have to make your name known."

"Even though I don't like to this stuff I know this would help our company. Okay mom I'm on plane now we're about to depart. I'll see you guys later." After we said our goodbyes I hung up the phone, the flight attendant enters the room and informs me that we are ready to take off. I nodded my head and let myself relax in my seat and take little nap. This past 3 days had been exhausting and so as this weekend.

----

"Excuse me Ms. Jauregui, we are about to land in Miami airport within 15 mins." The flight attendant waking me up from my longest nap, since the past four months I barely got home and travelled a lot. Sometimes or should I say most of the time I only slept in this private jet plane than sleeping in a normal bed. But in all fairness I'd rather sleep in this plane than in a normal bed being disturbed by phone calls.

I've settled my seat and waited for us to land. I haven't been home for almost six months though it is not that long but I always miss my home town. It is really true that no matter which place in the world you've been at there's no such other place like home. I inhaled deep as I stepped out of the jet's door. I smiled and make my way down the steps.

"Welcome back to Miami Ms. Lauren" my driver Jose said while offering his hand to assist me as I make my last steps.

"Thank you Jose, it's nice to see you in this break of dawn." I smile at him.

"It is my pleasure to pick you up at any time of the day Miss." He said opening the car door for me. He had been my driver since I was 15 and about on his 20's. My father first saw him on one of the gasoline station doing a drop-by-carwash. My father had noticed him every time we passed through that gasoline station he was amused by the boy's hard work so he offered him a job as my personal driver and had a better income.

My father always cared for his employees well being that is why I can't bring myself out when he told me to take over the company because I know he's not only thinking on where the company name's stands in the industry but most of it were from the people behind the success of the company. So I take the responsibility wholeheartedly. Aside from my father, I also don't want to disappoint the people who put all their blood and sweat on this company.

Since I was a kid I spent more time with my dad than with my mom even though he works a lot. When he travels outside the country I go with him as much as I can possibly be even my mom would contradict. I'm a daddy's girl you can say that. When I started going to school it didn't last long 'cause she have to pull me out and prefer to home school me since I won't let my dad travel without me. When I started high school he also started showing me more of the insights of the company. How he started it, worked for it and making me understand on how to keep it not just for our family but also for the family of our employees.

I admire my father's passion he put to this company that is why I decided to follow his footsteps. I will give the same dedication he had given for the past 50 years of his life. And as far I am now, I am happy seeing my parents proud of my decision in taking in charge of what they have worked so hard for.

"Miss we are here." I heard Jose said and steps out of the car opening the door on my side. "Welcome home Ms. Lauren" he added.

"Thank you Jose, you can rest now." I smiled at him and I headed inside of the house and went straight to my room. I didn't bother to look for anyone 'cause I know they are already fast asleep at this very hour. And for me I only have few more hours to sleep before hearing everyone's voice again especially my annoying siblings.

 And for me I only have few more hours to sleep before hearing everyone's voice again especially my annoying siblings

**************

Excuse my tardy update fellas...

Next chapters are less boring, i'll try harder so bare with me...